Novice Chasers 2017/2018

The second last didn’t help his cause much today. That was a good race today. It was a G3 on paper only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice confidence booster for Fountains Windfall there. 12/1 for the RSA now but must be a doubt he’ll jump that well in a bigger field that he can’t dominate. Not much more than an average bunch of handicappers in today’s opposition

Last edited:
Footpad reported on course for Irish Arkle.

[FONT=&quot]"Footpad is in great shape, and this race is marked out for him," said Mullins.[/FONT]

Monalee pleasing Henry DeBromhead since his fall at Leopardstown, and might go for the Flogas at the Dublin Festival.

Reported on Final Furlong podcast that Simon Munir's representative says that if all goes well in Irish Arkle, they have every intention of running him in the English version, even if it means a clash with Sceau Royal.

Last edited:
HdB was speaking at a press conference which was shown on ATR last night-he said Monalee was very sorry after his fall but was on the mend -gave the impression that Leopardstown was unlikely unless cuts up badly-offered nothing positive in relation to Cheltenham.

The RSA is there for the taking. Presenting Percy to be feared for sure but the rest of the oppo don't look all that. If Monalee and PP line-up that pretty much assures Invitation Only goes for the easier JLT judging by Ruby's recent comments.

Terrefort is one to look out for IMO. The handicapper’s raised him to 151 from an opening mark of 137 which looked rather generous on his run at Huntingdon and that rules him out of the opening day handicap. So he’ll have to go up to graded company if he goes for a novice race at the Festival and will probably need at least one more prep run. Another one for Munir/Souede

I was very impressed with Terrefort but has to be a doubt as to how he’ll handle better ground. His form to date has been with plenty of give.

That could be down to the fact he wasn't fit when he ran in the Greatwood and the 2 Championship races came too early in his career.

I would be happier if Nico was riding him but that is unlikely being owned by Buckley

Seems like someone agrees.....David Mullins is Brain dead excuse the pun :0)

I'm surprised no one cared to mention the performance of Saint Calvados.

He reminds me of Ar Mad only potentially better

Jumps like a stag, has a big engine and could lead them a merry gallop in the Arkle.

He may not be good enough to trouble Sceau Royal or Footpad but he deserves a crack at it if they fancy entering him

I'm surprised no one cared to mention the performance of Saint Calvados.

He reminds me of Ar Mad only potentially better

Jumps like a stag, has a big engine and could lead them a merry gallop in the Arkle.

He may not be good enough to trouble Sceau Royal or Footpad but he deserves a crack at it if they fancy entering him

See #530 and #539 Fist

I'd be surprised if we seen Bacardys at the festival at all, sure he was hampered last year but he didn't look overly in love with the track as it is.
RSA looks a hell of tough puzzle to solve - Monalee looks a classic false fav- the reynoldstown and the Moriarty should tell us plenty

If Al Boum Photo runs well it'll be interesting to see which of him and Invitation Only head for the Rsa/JLT.

I've kind of come round to Fountains Windfall. If you watch the Feltham again he was just starting to roll and put Black Corton under pressure when he landed poorly and came down.

No doubt Fountains Windfall would have taken care of Black Corton had he stayed on his feet.

Back