Novice Chases 2021-22

This is the quote:-

Willie Mullins: “Galopin Des Champs could go in either the Turners or Brown Advisory, I want to talk to Paul [Townend]. I’d be happy enough I think with the Turners. I think he has the ability to do that.”

This is the quote:-

Willie Mullins: “Galopin Des Champs could go in either the Turners or Brown Advisory, I want to talk to Paul [Townend]. I’d be happy enough I think with the Turners. I think he has the ability to do that.”

[emoji848]
Good for my Bravemansgame position but not so good for my L’Homme Presse position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's absolutely a holding pattern quote. He's forced to say something because it's the press day but he will, as usual, not make any decision until the last minute.

I reckon he'll switch Galopin Des Champs into the Turners.

I think they'll take the view that it's easier to beat Bob Olinger over 2m5f, than it is to beat BMG over 3m.

I still think that he'll send Galopin to the 3m.

Arkle
Blue Lord
Haut en Coleurs
Ciel de Niege

Turners
Saint Sam
Jungle Boogie
Gaillard Du Mesnil

Brown Advisory
Galopin Des Champs
Capadanno

NHC
Stattler
On the Ropes

Willie said in one interveiw Galopin Des Champs was going for the shorter race
then a few days later in another interveiw he said he wasn't 100% sure where he was going but probably the shorter race.

TBH I get confused with which race is which.

We got the Turners, Brown Advisory and according to Odschecker we have the Festival Novices Chase which I assume is the old RSA and the Browns?

Ahoy Senor will run at Cheltenham rather than wait for Aintree.

Is this fact or your opinion ?.

If he were mines he wouldn't go withing a 100 miles of Cheltenham

I reckon he needs a track like Aintree Newbury where he can make the running and have more chance of being unchallenged.

Willie said in one interveiw Galopin Des Champs was going for the shorter race
then a few days later in another interveiw he said he wasn't 100% sure where he was going but probably the shorter race.

TBH I get confused with which race is which.

We got the Turners, Brown Advisory and according to Odschecker we have the Festival Novices Chase which I assume is the old RSA and the Browns?

Festival Novices is the 3m race, RSA to some. Slims idea of recognising the Novice Chases as legendary horses is probably the best idea to solve the nonsense.

The Arkle - 2m
The Vautour - 2m4f
The Denman - 3m
Add in sponsor were necessary.

Willie said about Galopin ‘If we go 3 miles Paul would have to temper his jumping and that may not suit, but we might do that yet we’ll see’

Last edited:
I live in hope having backed him in a 3 x AP in the Denman:)

His long term target has to be the Gold Cup so why not find out now if he stays or not.

I'm not sure if Willie is right about having to interfere with his jumping.

The other jocky said they had never gone so fast overfences in their lives,

Yet Paul Townsend was struggling to pull Galopin Des Champs up who looked like he could have gone round again
let alone another 3 furlongs.

But what ever WPM thinks is the right thing to do for the horse I'm all for it

Back