Novice Chases 2021-22

Hard to fault him at the weights and if PN has suddenly hitform I could regret having backed against CDO as much as he's a pig he's amuch better pig than any of the othe others when on song

It was a 10k pot and PN, no doubt, will have one eye on the trainer's title.

That was decent from Edwardstone at Warwick, the downside being that Third Time Lucki was a lot closer than at Sandown and I am not convinced by Third Time Lucki.

i think last week's Leopardstown form is stronger.

That was decent from Edwardstone at Warwick, the downside being that Third Time Lucki was a lot closer than at Sandown and I am not convinced by Third Time Lucki.

i think last week's Leopardstown form is stronger.

Third Time Lucki was always going to be closer here given the contrasting rides at Sandown and here. Track more to his liking aswell.

The winner is solid.

Bravemansgame up to 164.

10lbs ahead of L'Homme Presse :blink: and pretty much on a par with GDC and Bob O.

Interesting.

Three top novices but they could be reduced to two after Chaltenham as one looks sure to face GDC

Of course all 3 may not and up running over the same trips in the future

Gavin Cromwell said Derek O’Connor was 99% likely to ride Vanillier in the NH Chase a couple of hours ago on the RP weekly preview show, and that he’d been training him for Cheltenham all season. He immediately went blue across the board.

Make what you want of the second part of that but DoC will be a positive.

Gavin Cromwell said Derek O’Connor was 99% likely to ride Vanillier in the NH Chase a couple of hours ago on the RP weekly preview show, and that he’d been training him for Cheltenham all season. He immediately went blue across the board.

Make what you want of the second part of that but DoC will be a positive.

Not sure he is to be honest.

He’s no longer a standout jockey in a field of amateurs I grant you Slim but I’d still prefer him on my horse than 90% of the others.

As an aside, I’m very happy to see Run Wild Fred withdrawn today. Whether or not he is in fact going to Cheltenham I’m no longer sure but, as a backer at all prices down from 12s, I bloody well hope so and the last thing he needed was a tough race 21 days out.

Last edited:
In Irish trainerspeak, 99% isn't remotely close to 100%. I'd have thought that DO'C has agreed to ride Vanillier unless he gets a better offer. That might be one of the race favourites or it might be a package deal covering all the amateur rider races.

Name tne last good ride DOC gave a horse at the festival?

Any Second Now. I admit that was three years ago but he’s only had 3 or 4 rides since then, with the restriction on amateurs last year.

His mounts are regularly there or thereabouts in the festival races and while that’s mainly because he gets the plum rides there’s initially only a handful of jockey’s mounts that I look at in the amateur races and he’s one.

He’s maybe not as good as he was but he’s still no David Maxwell

Any Second Now. I admit that was three years ago but he’s only had 3 or 4 rides since then, with the restriction on amateurs last year.

His mounts are regularly there or thereabouts in the festival races and while that’s mainly because he gets the plum rides there’s initially only a handful of jockey’s mounts that I look at in the amateur races and he’s one.

He’s maybe not as good as he was but he’s still no David Maxwell

He sits last on every single mount. He is no benefit at all at the festival unless on one with stones in hand.

Not a DOC fan myself. I can't recall the name of the horse but I remember he gave one I'd back the most awful ride. Might have been in the Foxhunters.

Not a DOC fan myself. I can't recall the name of the horse but I remember he gave one I'd back the most awful ride. Might have been in the Foxhunters.

Rather him than David Maxwell. Never forgiven him for the ride on Shantou Flyer in the Foxhunters a few year back.

Admittedly has improved since but my word, could be the worst ride in festival history. I include the cyclist lass in that statement as well.

I’d rather a tower of rickety armchairs, loosely tethered with gossamer by an epileptic octagenarian, than have Mr D fu*cking Maxwell up.

Corinthian up his useless fu*cking hole.

Leo 1.20 - Beacon Edge 14/1 - on my figures was 8lbs better than the rest over hurdles and hasn't been asked yet to show his true ability over fences.

I've also taken it at the same price NRNB for the RSA.

I've only just seen that BE was out yesterday and only just lost out to the 4/11f trying to concede 7lbs and the trainer gave the impression he was somewhat less than fully cooked.

The winner was rated 151 so BE has probably run to a minimum of 157+, which would put him right in the mix for the RSA. I have to say, I'd half written off that bet in my head so I'm pleased to see BE back in the picture.

Willie happy to go to the Turners with Galopin, will speak to Paul, but has the ability for the Turners.

Shortening on the exchange for the Turners now as well.

I’d rather a tower of rickety armchairs, loosely tethered with gossamer by an epileptic octagenarian, than have Mr D fu*cking Maxwell up.

Corinthian up his useless fu*cking hole.

He's improved 50% this year...not as much of a liability. Can't believe I'm saying that!

Galopin going Turners and no State Man in handicaps. A real poor poor day for my anti post betting slips.

Back