Novice Hurdlers 13/14

So it would appear now that Everyone fancies Vautour for the Supreme!

Anyone have a strong opinion in opposing Vautour? Surely It can't just be that easy......

Are the other Irish contenders Western Boy & Wicklow Brave overpriced and overlooked?

What about the English horses? Anyone fancy anything at a bigger price?

One I've been considering at a price is Zamdy Man 33/1 (V Williams).
Strong Front Runner who seems to have improved a lot since last season. Got his Cheltenham experiance at the Festival last year in the Juvenille Handicap.
Would most likely need the bit of soft in the ground. Stayed on very strongly to win Grade 2 at Haydock the last day.

Cue Card, Dunguib, MTOY all turned over at very skinny prices in recent years, so every reason to think that something will turn the favourite over.
Until final running plans are decided I tend put it to the back of my mind.

Cue Card, Dunguib, MTOY all turned over at very skinny prices in recent years, so every reason to think that something will turn the favourite over.
Until final running plans are decided I tend put it to the back of my mind.

Cue Card and MTOY were beaten in far better renewals though, and Dunguib was given a poor ride.

Last Fav to win was Brave Inca in 2004 at 7/2.

He was the 3rd Fav to win in a 3 in a row sequence

2003 - back in Front 3/1
2002 - Like a Butterfly 7/4

Is Vautour in this class?

Don't rule out The Liquidator for this. As Pipe said his last run was too bad to be true & I'm prepared to forgive that. Has run very well at Cheltenham thus far (bumper last year and November trial) and Pipe confirmed in todays RP that heads straight to the festival.

Don't rule out The Liquidator for this. As Pipe said his last run was too bad to be true & I'm prepared to forgive that. Has run very well at Cheltenham thus far (bumper last year and November trial) and Pipe confirmed in todays RP that heads straight to the festival.

Can't have him myself, DannyB.

The Cheltenhan race looked soft to me at the time, and they had his drawers-down last time. The type to hoover-up each-way money on the day, and trail in third from last. He's an 'Event Horizon' horse, imo - self-evidently dangerous to your funds, but some get caught in his gravitational pull, and once their money crosses the threshhold, they never see it again.

Welcome to the forum. :cool:

I had a big bet on the Liquidator that day. Difficult to forgive!

But an even Bigger negative is Pipe's festival Record. Obviously David and not Martin. Now I don't know Pipe's official Festival stats. Difficult to locate online in one simple overview. But to my eye and Memory they are very poor. (Anyone have official stats - festival wins since he took over from Martin?).

Dynaste, Buddy Bolero & Gevrey Chambertin are a few that instantly spring to mind from last year.

To use a current and topical comparison.......

Regarding Cheltenham festival past performance, Martin Pipe is to David Pipe what Alex Ferguson is to David Moyes!!!!

And no, This is not breaking gossip that Alex Ferguson is actually David Moyes Father! :whistle:

Merely a gulf in class comparison :ninja:

Last Fav to win was Brave Inca in 2004 at 7/2.

He was the 3rd Fav to win in a 3 in a row sequence

2003 - back in Front 3/1
2002 - Like a Butterfly 7/4

Is Vautour in this class?

Great mare as she was - she was very lucky Adamant Approach was going to bolt up !

Never thought I would be opposing Vautour as I love this horse, but I have a nagging doubt about him in the supreme. Big horse who is ultimately going to be winning a King George and maybe a Gold Cup.
Is obviously going to stay well, and though not short of speed, think he may just get taken out of his comfort zone.
So that leads me to Mullins '2nd' string Wicklow Brave. He's the one for me.

Someone mentioned Mikhael D'Haguenet,that's exactly what I thought on Sunday.Novice Hurdlers look very average this year,I just fancy something to eyeball it,I would back TTT to turn around the form at cheltenham,I think he will be Neptune bound though-playing for second place there might I add.

But an even Bigger negative is Pipe's festival Record. Obviously David and not Martin. Now I don't know Pipe's official Festival stats. Difficult to locate online in one simple overview. But to my eye and Memory they are very poor. (Anyone have official stats - festival wins since he took over from Martin?).

Pertemps Hurdle – Won 2010 & 2011
Byrne Group Plate – Won 2010 & 2012
Kim Muir – Won 2011

I think that's right but there may be a mistake. The Byrne Group Plate is the race to concentrate on if your looking for a D Pipe horse to run well at the festival :ninja:

Kim Muir – Won 2011

I think that's right but there may be a mistake. The Byrne Group Plate is the race to concentrate on if your looking for a D Pipe horse to run well at the festival :ninja:

That will be won by a Scottish horse this year. :ninja:

Kim Muir – Won 2011

Not a winner but Grand Crus travelled like a dream in the 2011 Stayers and pushed an at the peak of his powers Big Bucks very close.

Back