Novice Hurdlers 13/14

...... but french ratings are much higher than rpr shows

I know all about their French ratings, suny, and if I ever look at RPRs, it's either by accident or to get my lottery numbers.

About jp mcmanus
It is not lack of intelligence, he is a benefactor and gives employment to many people in Ireland that no other one would give.

I'm not disputing that.

But it's a fact that guys like Ricci are getting a much bigger bang for their Sales buck, than McManus is. Surely there's no better example of JP's generosity of spirit, than the fact that Frank Berry is still his racing manager.

Last edited:
First of all
I think mullins is a genius, the best trainer i have seen
He improves horses

The very best trainers keep their horses up to form over a long career. The hardest part of training must surely be maintenance.

Also, they are adept at bringing them back

Plenty of Mullins seem to have remarkably short careers.

Novices have now won the big four 2m H'cap hurdles this winter, Greatwood, Ladbroke, Boylesports & Betfair, as well as last season's County Hurdle.

Vautour was impressive jumped well and excellent ride . TTT given way too much to do by a jockey that is a 10lb penalty.

Who by ? He's at least 5L better than Irving. He's beat TTT and I can't envisage a reversal. It'll take an above average horse to go past him.

I have Irving rated OR 145 on a form line with Slice of Ginge -Betfair winner and Vautour on OR 150+ on his form with The Tullow Tank.

Last edited:
Also Irving was just below Listed class on the flat OR109 (my rating) That's not quite good enough to win when transferring to jumps at this level.

While I think Vautour will beat Irving, I wouldn't dimiss Irving on the basis of his flat rating. Hurricane Fly had a flat rating of 108 while Our Conor's was 82 and neither of them have done too badly.

Back