Novice Hurdlers 13/14

Walsh said: "Wexford is not a track that would suit his strengths but I'm delighted he won. He jumped super and travelled very well. I didn't feel like he was going that quick, but he's a Grade One Cheltenham Festival winner."

Mullins added: "I think the Royal Bond will come too soon for him so I'll consider the Navan Novice Hurdle (December15)

Briar Hill may have beaten nothing but he hurdled brilliantly for the most part, may be even better going left handed as he was a touch out to the left at one or two.

A very solid debut over hurdles.

Yet to see the race but look forward to catching it later, makes that 'damn how did I not back that' feeling come flooding back (a Mullins bumper horse ridden by RW at 25/1)

Watch West Wizard make his hurdling debut today and I think you'll understand what all the hype is about. For me he was head and shoulders above any of the horses that ran in the Festival Bumpers last season.

Great to watch and he won very well

Moyle Park another impressive winner for Mullins/Walsh/Ricci in the first. They've got some hurdlers....

The most hyped novice of the season runs today in the first at Kempton. West Wizard was very impressive in his bumper and the Henderson camp clearly rate him highly, but 8/1 for the Supreme before he's jumped a flight is mental

You weren't the only one Michael and he never looked like winning

Is there cloud hanging over the Henderson yard, as few of his have run very disappointingly??

You weren't the only one Michael and he never looked like winning

Is there cloud hanging over the Henderson yard, as few of his have run very disappointingly??

Yes....even Henderson himself looked a bit rough at the weekend...half his front tooth was missing ffs...

I did notice. You’d think he could afford a decent dentist, but maybe he's a bit skint, as saw him on the shuttle bus from Cheltenham station to the racecourse...

Looked a bit like Henderson, with half a front tooth missing, and you couldn't figure out who the bus driver reminded you of Roger?

Ex-wife maybe!

He's an obvious notebook horse, but Arctic Fire got in all sorts of trouble on the home bend and did amazingly well to finish as close as he did. It will be much close if they meet again...

What price would the Tullow Tank be for the Neptune if he were trained by Mullins? His preference for right handed tracks aside he's the best novice hurdler seen out this year so far....

What price would the Tullow Tank be for the Neptune if he were trained by Mullins? His preference for right handed tracks aside he's the best novice hurdler seen out this year so far....

The Tullow Tank looks like he'll be up to winning a good staying chase, in time. Has plenty of scope, and could get caught with his drawers down in a Supreme Novices.

In Ireland maybe, but The Liquidator has the best form overall surely.

Back