Novice Hurdlers 13/14

No. But a) Ruby always says that and b) he is a possible high class candidate for the race, something they didn't have last season Champagne Fever apart.

No. But a) Ruby always says that and b) he is a possible high class candidate for the race, something they didn't have last season Champagne Fever apart.

Un Atout was shorter in the betting at every stage last year until about an hour before the race, and placed in the race. They have had Moyle Park entered in a 2 1/2m race recently, now he didn't go but its clearly something they haven't completely ruled out.

I agree the Supreme is the most logical route to take, but just incase I have taken the extremely generous off from William Hill @10/1 for the horse to win any race at the festival.

Its always guess work BoS as you know but having seen Briar Hill again today to me he looks more suited to the longer trip, I would be reasonably confident of Moyle Park (Supreme), Faugheen (Neptune) & Briars Hill (AB) - remember Champagne Fever ran in the Slaney.

Been impressed with Kings Palace this season, really slick hurdler and relentless galloper, will take a good one to lower his colours in the spud race

Really impressed with Kings palace.5/1 ew bet to nothing if it gets there.doubt there will be 3 better there come the day.

2012 King George V winner at Royal Ascot, Fennell Bay, makes his hurdling debut at Catterick on Tuesday.

Not technically a novice but inexperienced -- I was mighty impressed with More or That on Saturday . Experience will really help this horse as he has some engine and his jumping was just a touch flat footed - would not be all that surprised if he stepped back rather than up in trip being a full brother to the admirable Eastlake .

2012 King George V winner at Royal Ascot, Fennell Bay, makes his hurdling debut at Catterick on Tuesday.

John Ferguson seems to be doing well with all these ex Maktoum horses
Must only be a matter of time before he picks up something top quality.

Another horse trained in O'Brien's name by Con Power judged on the comments post-race.

Champagne James going to improve a lot for this run according to a decent judge on Twitter.

Another horse trained in O'Brien's name by Con Power judged on the comments post-race.

Champagne James going to improve a lot for this run according to a decent judge on Twitter.

So that's why Robbie power gets the nod when AP isn't over

I think The Liquidator's Cheltenham race might be a bit soft, and I will be happy to pay to find out.

It could be argued that Sea Lord and Lac Fontana ran below form that day but there's a fair chance The Liquidator took them out of their comfort zones resulting in those sub par runs. What can't be disputed is that he looks a fine hurdler and of course the Champion Bumper form is excellent.

Unsure on the benefit.

After Carriganog won over hurdles O'Brien mentioned that the horse had been up at Puppy Power's fathers (Con Power) place for a few weeks to work on his jumping.

Something similar was said after Plinth won on Saturday - the only other horse that AP O'Brien has had win over hurdles for him this season is Noah Webster and I haven't seen any post-race quotes on his preparation but it makes me wonder exactly how many of the horses that go over hurdles are actually based at, work at, school at etc. Ballydoyle?

Martin

Perhaps O'Brien is just readying himself for a career post-Ballydoyle and a switch back to jumps is the way he wants to go? I seem to remember he has his own farm set up to pick up training when that day comes, but maybe I imagined it.

The Coolmore post is not one that Aidan can pass on to his children, so there might be a notion of building up his own stable once more. Hence, perhaps, the increasing number of horses in his own colours and the jumpers for JP.

Back