Novice Hurdlers 2010-2011

Any clown can train a good horse, just ask Mick Halford. Cue Card is in very good hands and the snobbery against him is sickening.

Whereas your ridiculous jibes about Mick Halford at every turn are a joy to behold. Stop making an ass of yourself G!

It was a little bit rich to be fair Gearoid. I just said the guy had no clear plan mapped out which, for a potential Grade 1 Hurdler, you would expect him to have!

What did we make of Perfect Smile today? Always well regarded and looked pretty smart. Same colours as Watson Lake and Aran Concerto.

I would say he is a typical Noel Meade horse in that he will be well placed to run up a sequence before Christmas. He looked very good today though.

Re Tizzy and CUE CARD - collared by Bumblin' Bob on ATR today, he did seem to have given a rough outline some thought. Two or three races between now and December, see how he looks then for Cheltenham Festival.

Cue Card entered in the 2 mile Grade 2 Hurdle at Cheltenham on Friday

Hopefully Dunraven Storm and King of the Night run & make him a backable price

Champion Bumper favourite Shot from the Hip runs over 2m3f at Naas this afternoon. He was incredibly well backed at Cheltenham, and wasn't far off favourite at Punchestown despite the dismal Cheltenham run. He obviously does something at home.

Mullins and Byrnes look to both have good hurdling recruits, and Dessie's sets a fair standard. It should be a good race.

I'm going to take a chance on Dessie Hughes's Frisco Depot in that race because of its fitness advantage. Shot From The Hip could be a horse that has to have it his way.

Character Actor looks a big price in the 2m maiden hurdle for a dual bumper winner if you can forgive his hurdle debut last May on different ground to today's. The favourite looks iffy, and second favourite Staying Article's bumper win looks overrated.

Staying Article was O'Grady's last winner. He hasn't had too many good chances since then and some have run well enough, but I'd steer clear of shorties from him until a couple come in.

I have taken the 16s on Character Actor in the 2m maiden hurdle. He ran better than you would think when 9th in a Killarney maiden back in May on unsuitable ground. He wasn't knocked about that day.

He has won two bumpers on soft or heavy ground and connections (who I admit to knowing nothing about) have gone to the trouble of putting Casey up.

You can get 18/1 with Victor.

It's only a hunch, probably miles off.

I didn't see the Killarney race, but I believe that he was let come home in his own time.

Of course they might be after a mark (knowing the stable would help here), or he might not be any good, but on paper it looks a bet.

I think you know more than you're letting on. I'm piling in.

BTW his second bumper was only a pretend bumper on goodish ground. His 4th at Leopardstown was arguably his best run.

I'm going to take a chance on Dessie Hughes's Frisco Depot in that race because of its fitness advantage. Shot From The Hip could be a horse that has to have it his way.

Character Actor looks a big price in the 2m maiden hurdle for a dual bumper winner if you can forgive his hurdle debut last May on different ground to today's. The favourite looks iffy, and second favourite Staying Article's bumper win looks overrated.

Nice call Grey. I had a bit e/w when thier was some 4/1 left over. I did not see the race but it must have been interesting because he hit 8 int he last few furlongs off the race.

Back