Novice Hurdlers 2010-2011

Burnt last year with Dunguib - will keep an open mind for now, any number of horses from the flat, bumpers and France to emerge.

Should be Evens. Nothing will emerge between now and March that we aren't aware of unless they unleash the Leger winner. This isn't as early in the season as it used to be, if you know what I mean.

I think he is not as good bumper as were Cousin Vinny or Dunguib and he has not proved better form than any of them over hdls, both were bigger than evens in the day and both were beaten.

Hardly matters now does it? hes got the vital Cheltenham experience and has proved (unlike some thats been mentioned) he can jump nicely. Also he could well improve a bit when he settles more

:D
has already proven more than Dunguib did prior to his Supreme run.

For the record - on Dunguib's second start he had just battered the subsequent MCR Hurdle winner Puyol and then on his third start he destroyed Some Present (who was just beaten by Loosen My Load in yesterdays race at Cheltenham).

I think using Dunguib to beat the stick over Cue Card's odds is a it off. The former was still probably the best horse in the Supreme and would have won maybe 4 out of 6 renewals.

I don't think Willie will sell them one - the closest they've come I think is Themoonandsixpence and he's quite useful lol.

Bar One's prices:

The Bar One Racing Royal Bond Novice Hurdle
Carloswayback 8/1
Dark Prospect 16/1
Mount Helicon 10/1
Oilily 8/1
Perfect Smile 3/1
Prima Vista 10/1
The Shepard King 8/1
Zaidpour 8/11

Powers
Zaidpour EVS
Carloswayback 7/2
Perfect Smile 5/1
The Shepard King 6/1

Why the big difference in quotes on Carloswayback?

Tizzard said before the race they had been held up in their work so it may have been the case the horse blew up a bit. I can't wait until someone starts the Dunguib wasn't beaten as far by Menorah as Cue Card gag....oh i just did.

Back