Novice Hurdlers 2015/16

Pilgrims Bay, 7th to Buveur D'air & Wait for me in November at Newbury just about hangs on to win the first at Wincanton. Stepping up 5f but again like me if your into it, it's nice to see winners come as far back as that. I think that Newbury race will be one of the better Novice Hurdle races run this year.

Had him in my tracker so nice 16/1 winner.

Tom Georges Bun Doran from that same Newbury race was 4th that day & goes in the 3.50 Chepstow tomorrow. Will be keeping a close eye on how he gets on at around 5/2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just backed bun doran..peed in

Yep, same as. 9/2 last night. The race that just keeps throwing out winners and that was a good little race with the 2 in front of him last night showing good form.

16s on Buveur D'air looking good again. Think he had him 30L plus back in 4th. Bun Doran had traveled smoothly to 2 out but just couldn't live with them when they upped it.

Last edited:
Buveur D'air entered at Doncaster Friday. Wait For Me entered too.

He holds an entry at Huntingdon Friday too.

Last edited:
Shantou Village extended his 100 per cent record over hurdles with a Grade Two success over an extended two miles, five furlongs at Cheltenham in November."He's very good. We've just freshened him up and he's raring to go," the Bath handler told At The Races.
"He has two entries for this Saturday - Doncaster for the Albert Bartlett trial and at Cheltenham for the Neptune trial.
"The intention would be to go to Cheltenham."
An 18-strong entry also includes Ben Pauling's exciting prospect Barters Hill, the Alan King-trained pair of Yanworth and Minella Charmer, Charmix, Champers On Ice and Nicky Henderson's pair of Baden and Premier Bond.

For the sake of a few ante-post positions, I hope Shantou Village ends-up in the Bartlett.

Any feel at this stage which way they might be leaning?

I think i'm just going to have to back him in the Any Race market, though the 16/1 for the Neptune will look enormous should they go that route.

8/1 still for any race and that is fair. I've thought all along he'd go Bartlett, but they must be serous about the Neptune if he ends up at Cheltenham on Saturday

At Fishers Cross won that Neptune trial a few years ago (beating TNO) and won the Albert Bartlett so I wouldn't take an appearance at Cheltenham as a statement they definitely go for the Neptune

Trainer has said Shantou is being aimed at the Albert Bartlett.
Clearly he could change his mind!

674e7f0de312e8495d428101588a0804.jpg

I'd quite like to see Shantou Village outpaced in this, and finishing a fast-closing third. That should see them row in with the Bartlett as the target.

If he wins, he will have won both trials over the Neptune C&D, and they would have no real reason to go over 3m.

Last edited:
I'd quite like to see Shantou Village outpaced in this, and finishing a fast-closing third. That should see them row in with the Bartlett as the target.

If he wins, he will have won both trials over the Neptune C&D, and they would have no real reason to go over 3m.

Suspect that's exactly the sort of race Barters Hill will run.

Preference is Cheltenham from what I read yesterday

He struck me as a very good horse when I saw him earlier this year - for the sake of personal greed, I hope he ends up in the AB too

It was the opposite in today's RP Granger with Pauling sayign he was undecided between the two but the paper sensing he was leaning towards Donny.

I find it staggering that he would put-up a second-season novice without a hurdles win to his name, for the Supreme.

Segal's ante-post tips this season smell strongly of him not really being arsed with any of it.

Ya I thought that too. Was full sure it'd be Buveur D'air or Yorkhill.

Buveur D'air runs Friday @ Huntington.
9961d9704d91ce1d7a8b471280cada84.jpg
0bc9cb9d586150599974baae124bc521.jpg

Back