Novice Hurdlers 2015/16

Not surprised, Exeter will be like a bog. No point in bottoming the horse in that ground with 4 weeks left.

They might look at the Dovecot I presume but could go straight there too. His hurdling has looked very good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Min is available with Skybet at 2/1 enhanced price.Im thinking it may be bigger on the day?

If he doesn't run again which looks very likely and Altior/Buveir Dair put up a good show in the Dovecote then I can see a similar situation to Vautour's win in the race where the strength in the market of Irving contributed too a juicy (in hindsight) 7/2.

I was listening to the TFF podcast the other day and I can't remember which of the pundits it was (Robbie Mc ?) that said they'd been down to Willie's yard and asked him whether this horse was as good as the rumors, to which he replied "He's better".

I'm on Buveur D'air at nice prices but if I can get that sort of price on the day then I'll have a couple of savers with the likes of SkyBet who'll no doubt offer free bets for losers.

They have to take on one of the 4 on the first day though Links and surely they'd prefer it to be him rather than Douvan, Faugheen or Annie/VVM.

and they can take him on offering price boosts in singles only easily enough. They do it now.

a while ago when Min won..i said it was an immense performance on my figs and probably another Istabraq in the making..he has beat nothing i was told..and yet Ball D'Arc..the nothing that was buried by Min..wins a G2 today

it didn't need franking for me..I knew BallD arc was more than half decent when Min beat him.,,the figures said so....its interesting how long it takes before apparent nothing changes to hammering what most will now see as a decent tool in ball darc

the figures don't lie imo..you just have to have faith in them.

sorry..but i had to have an i told you so moment...no harm meant..i just thought at the time that race was very good..hardly anyone else did

Last edited:
i really hope so Granger..i love good hurdlers..only prob is..he will probably go chasing..which is obviously what most want,..but i don't:)

ever since i started watching this game in the 70's i've loved hurdlers..would have loved it if UDS had stayed hurdling..it was the time i started watching that made me that way..hurdlers were king in the 70's..left a mark

you younger guys have been brought up on good chsaers..so want them to go chasing..i get that..but i'm in opposite camp..unfortunately..the wrong camp:D

a while ago when Min won..i said it was an immense performance on my figs and probably another Istabraq in the making..he has beat nothing i was told..and yet Ball D'Arc..the nothing that was buried by Min..wins a G2 today

it didn't need franking for me..I knew BallD arc was more than half decent when Min beat him.,,the figures said so....its interesting how long it takes before apparent nothing changes to hammering what most will now see as a decent tool in ball darc

the figures don't lie imo..you just have to have faith in them.

sorry..but i had to have an i told you so moment...no harm meant..i just thought at the time that race was very good..hardly anyone else did

I think that's a little unfair, EC1. Most everyone commented that it was a good-looking performance at the time (especially the way he hurdles so fluently) - they just didn't go as far as you did.

PS. The form was franked when Ball D'Arc won a Listed race next time up - you're a race late with your "I told you so" moment. :p :cool:

PPS. Stan James looked ready to take a position on Min, having been as short as 5/4 at one stage, before pushing him out to 2/1 before today's race. He is now back into 7/4 with them.

Last edited:
i really hope so Granger..i love good hurdlers..only prob is..he will probably go chasing..which is obviously what most want,..but i don't:)

The way Min jumps hurdles, it would be a crime if he wasn't sent over fences sooner rather than later.

yes i know it was franked before..but winning a G2 is a bit better if you like that sort of thing..which as i said before..with novices its always good..especially when i follow a race becasue the placed horses have figures that show they can win good races in future ..i've liked Ball D'arc for a while and was amazed he got his arse handed to him in the manner Min give it him.

aye he will go chasing..for me there is loads of good chasers though..its hurdlers that i like:)..i'd rather UDS be in the CH this year..rattling over the hurdles:D

Last edited:
There can't be more than one good enough to lower his colours in the supreme.Altiors rating looks a bit generous to me.A race fit moon racer I'd like to have seen.Its scary that he's been unchallenged and the form is franked.beginning to solid

There can't be more than one good enough to lower his colours in the supreme.Altiors rating looks a bit generous to me.A race fit moon racer I'd like to have seen.Its scary that he's been unchallenged and the form is franked.beginning to solid

when Min won..the figure i got for him was in advance of Altiors...and i'm a big fan of Altior who i also got a bigger figure for in October than the official mark he got at that time..i've had me cash out of him..but he is not in Min's league imo..can't wait to see him run again

imo..rating Altior higher than Min has been one of the big errors by TForm and the official handicapper this season,,its incorrect imo

but thats why we do out own figures..be no fun otherwise..time will tell

Last edited:
Racing Post
BALL D´ARC could not lay a candle on Supreme favourite Min when they clashed earlier in the campaign but he seems to be getting better with racing and, with his rider contending that he found conditions less than ideal, there may be more to come. He was held up by Bryan Cooper but raced within his comfort zone and he had a chance coming into the straight, still travelling nicely.

He had six horses to pass but did it readily and the way he came back on the bridle before two out was impressive. He quickly put the issue beyond question when challenged after the last, and is clearly an improving novice. He looks worth a shot at either the Supreme or the Neptune.

Moon Over Germany could be an even better prospect than the winner. He had little experience coming into this and was coming off a little break. He got a nice, patient steer, and emerged among the scrum to have a chance coming to the last. He strode out nicely and is a smart novice.

Could either be a longshot MoG 200/1 on Betfair

Racing Post
BALL D´ARC could not lay a candle on Supreme favourite Min when they clashed earlier in the campaign but he seems to be getting better with racing and, with his rider contending that he found conditions less than ideal, there may be more to come. He was held up by Bryan Cooper but raced within his comfort zone and he had a chance coming into the straight, still travelling nicely.

He had six horses to pass but did it readily and the way he came back on the bridle before two out was impressive. He quickly put the issue beyond question when challenged after the last, and is clearly an improving novice. He looks worth a shot at either the Supreme or the Neptune.

Moon Over Germany could be an even better prospect than the winner. He had little experience coming into this and was coming off a little break. He got a nice, patient steer, and emerged among the scrum to have a chance coming to the last. He strode out nicely and is a smart novice.

Could either be a longshot MoG 200/1 on Betfair

Last edited:
Would any of the Min fans be worried about how lit up he got last time out? Surely if does that at Cheltenham it has to be a huge negative to his chances. He obviously has a huge chance but for that reason alone I think he can be taken on.

Add into the mix that he wont have run since early January and you're going to have a super keen horse with a lot of noise, people etc, it'll be some performance to get home if he tries that again.

I've had a few antepost bets on Altior but more importantly on Buveur D'air ew from 16s down to 8s. The form of that Newbury race he beat Wait For Me in has really been franked again & again with as far back 7th place Pilgrim Bay winning again since. You had Bun Doran about 40L back in fourth who gave Vintage Clouds a beating since & he was 2nd in a G2 at the weekend giving weight to the winner. He finished ahead of a progressive horse like Philip Hobbs Duke Des Champ, the only reason Richard Johnson travelled to Haydock instead of Ascot according to his weekend blog

Noel Fehily, talking to him in Thurles, seems to think he's the real deal and I know his work rider at home Hannah and she seems to think it's frightening whats actually under this fellas bonnet and he's their stable no1. Remember he finished ahead of Altior in that Newbury bumper Barters Hill won.

The only reservation I have is his inexperience around Cheltenham but then a lot of them will be in that same boat. He'll have that bit of stamina in his armour too for the hill if it's called upon.

I'm not into doing sectionals yet, it's something i'd like to get into but i'd like to see how that Newbury race on 27 Nov worked out. I'm sure it would read impressively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Vautour front-ran in the Supreme and never saw another horse in the race, KA - I am wholly unconcerned.

I don't think Min was 'lit-up' last time anyway. I just think he displays great enthusiasm for his job, and his jumping puts distance between himself and his opponents, making it look like he is running away with himself.

when Min won..the figure i got for him was in advance of Altiors...and i'm a big fan of Altior who i also got a bigger figure for in October than the official mark he got at that time..i've had me cash out of him..but he is not in Min's league imo..can't wait to see him run again

imo..rating Altior higher than Min has been one of the big errors by TForm and the official handicapper this season,,its incorrect imo

but thats why we do out own figures..be no fun otherwise..time will tell

I plan to get through a few figures for the non-handicaps this week.

I know I have gone very high with Altior for Kempton, probably higher than you, EC1, so it will be interesting to see if, with the benefit of subsequent form to help, Min's figure comes out the higher again.

I don't recall coming up with any figures for Buveur D'Air so it will be interesting to see what I come up with for him. If he's better than Altior he really must be something special as I know the figure I have for Altior would win just about any of the last 10 or 20 Supremes.

I seem to remember the same thing (about getting lit up) being said about UDS before the Arkle. There is no-one better than Willie at getting horses to Cheltenham in the best possible shape, both physically and mentally. Presumably Min will go to Leopardstown for a gallop next Sunday.

Last edited:
Back