Novice Hurdlers 2016/17

Reported on Twitter that Melon is out of Cheltenham, though still only 6.8 to back, and 7.8 to lay (both for buttons).

Last edited:
Was put up on Racing Post for a few minutes saying he had a tendon issue and taken back down again...........weird

Could have come from CNN's Fake News department:lol:

11/2 on the machine for small money is not unusual for a 4/1 shot.... probably still too short anyway if he runs.

Douvan Min and Vautour you could understand but Ruby's vibes weren't great after Melon won and he never sent me the right message which probably means he's very ordinary, me being an expert in this field............Ok I will shut the fook up now :lol:

Last edited:
Although Charli came back on the bridle just before he fell, Master Blueyes traveled all over him and surely would have had his measure.
Back on better ground, level weights and a faster pace I wouldn't like to say, just hope he's ok, bent his neck right back on the fall.

Hope CP is alright. Defi surely now represents McManus in the Triumph, so I can't say I'm entirely upset.

Nice form boost for Finians Oscar there...

Had high hopes for Capitaine this season but easily brushed aside there. Nice winner for Nicky.

Supreme
At the weights there's nothing between Ballyandy and Movewiththetimes so the respective prices are of interest.
I'm biased, of course, but given the record of 8yos in the Supreme (2 winners in 50 years) I'd be inclined to go for the Champion with Moon Racer who is not guaranteed to be fit in a year's time and could well have his best chance this year.

Geraghty gone to the hospital for checks I think

Set to spend the night in hospital in London. Very sore with possible internal injuries according to Henderson.

Edit; according to RP

Barry Geraghty suffered a “slightly collapsed lung and cracked rib” in a fall at Kempton, but hopes to be back for the Cheltenham Festival

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hard old game hope he recovers in time for the Festival.

As for Charli he came under pressure way too soon for a 100% fit horse

Nicky does have a habit of sending them to Kempton with a bit to work on so I wouldn't read too much into the run.

What is a concern was the fall it was very novice like.

He had gone level again with the front 2 and hard to say how much he would have found but my guess watching it again ?.............more than you might think

According to my source from Henderson's the report from Geraghty last night was that he blew up over on the far side but was coming back on it nicely when he stepped at the last. Then Skelton's horse stepped all over Geraghty.

I thought he'd have found plenty once he saw daylight whether it would have been enough to trouble the winner we'll never know

That's true but considering his superiority over him at xmas you'd possibly have to give him the benefit of the doubt. He actually took off before the winner at the last.

Last edited:
The winner was good. On decent ground he'll be a threat to Defi.

Last edited:
Back