Novice Hurdlers 2017/2018

Probably doesn't bode too well if they're bringing him out this early in the season.

Might be a run in a maiden hurdle, and then a novice chase campaign to follow.

Penhill won his maiden hurdle at Tramore on 5th May last year and he did alright. Long Dog and Bachasson ran during the summer the previous season, so I wouldn't discount him just yet.

Someday is getting some entries for next week.

his first bumper win was impressive, the stable certainly like him. One to note for these early early days

Wonder if they might go back to France with Lac Kivu, for the G1 Prix Alain Du Breil later this month.

Hurricane Fly took the same race in his juvenile season, and LK seemed to handle soft-ground fine when he was ran on the Flat.

Wonder if they might go back to France with Lac Kivu, for the G1 Prix Alain Du Breil later this month.

Hurricane Fly took the same race in his juvenile season, and LK seemed to handle soft-ground fine when he was ran on the Flat.

staying summer novice hurdle route Nick

English owner so possibly no interest in France

Just the £90K to the winner of the Alain Du Breil, and it's not usually a race WPM runs scared off with a top juvenile.

Mullins has sent both Hurricane Fly and Footpad (won last year) to the race in recent times. Maybe they don't think Lac Kivu is that class?

I hate when I see what looks like a promising novice and they mention 'staying' afterwards

Guess 2m 3f on heavy would class as testing a stayer, not sure this yoke wants heavy but it is a nice pot to chase

Senewalk goes in the 20:00 at Tramore tonight. He is dropped back to 2m5f today, after losing over 3m at Punchestown in May - which he either needed badly, or which exposed him as just not very good.

At 13/8 (B365, others), I have given him the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
Senewalk goes in the 20:00 at Tramore tonight. He is dropped back to 2m5f today, after losing over 3m at Punchestown in May - which he either needed badly, or which exposed him as just not very good.

At 13/8 (B365, others), I have given him the benefit of the doubt.

coming to a tin of Pedigree Chum very soon

wonder how many years out of the championship spotlight would it take for Ricci to get out of the game?

None of his recent purchases strike as box office

Frustrating lack of flat talk for sure. Was gonna open a thread for the Royal meeting but what's the point.

Winning pointer with Nicky Tinkler, 5 yo Indian Hawk is now in the Nicky Henderson yard to run in the colours of Simon Munir and co.

If Brandon Castle were mines he'd be straight down to Seven Barrows in the morning. If ever a horse should go hurdling it's him.

Back