Novice Hurdlers 2017/2018

Cracking Smart did it nicely, jumping nimbly, and pulling away clear after the last.

No point in jumping to too many conclusions at this stage, but I'd say the Ballymore is more likely than the Supreme, based on that run.

Technically a juvenile and very early days to be getting carried away - given it was the opening race of Punchestown’s season - but I was quite taken with JP’s Espoir D’Allen today. By the same sire as Defi Du Seuil and well backed.

Cracking Smart did it nicely, jumping nimbly, and pulling away clear after the last.

No point in jumping to too many conclusions at this stage, but I'd say the Ballymore is more likely than the Supreme, based on that run.

I like him on appearance and size. Big head and broad neck. Struck the front imposingly and was never asked a question.

speed on the run-in & 2nd last hurdle a copycat from his illustrious half-brother. I hope he goes for the same race as well and not change last minute for Supreme..

Both of which were running in flat races before that, not 3-mile PTPs like Samcro :lol:

Lalor ran a fine race and just failed to peg back a nice looking JP/Fry novice in Onefortheroadtom

Ravenhill Road is definitely one for the notebook after his maiden win today at Sedgefield. It was a nothing race, but loved the way he did it and would be surprised if there's a better novice in the north this season

FWIW Davy Russell and Jamie Codd were on a panel celebrating Cork Racecourse tonight along with Paul Townsend and Joseph O'Brien.

Anyways Davy reckons Samcro could quite possibly be the best horse we have ever seen, though he has only ridden him on the gallops.
Davy was not born when Golden Cygnet set the world alight but this big chestnut horse puts his head between his legs and just does it with the minimum of fuss; sounds like he would be the business in Ballyragget.

Alright. Started an hour late and was more a season preview than necessarily a "Celebration Of Cork Racing " though they had a two for one offer for Sunday week and some decent raffle prizes.
Davy was good fun as always, Jamie Codd an encyclopedia on p2p and Bumper horses while Joseph did not say much.
They are repeating the dose in Meath or someplace next week .
While Cork -Waterford was the home of p2p for years there was only one Cork trained 4 year old maiden winner last Spring and one the year before; a sign of the times.

Early Doors makes a winning introduction to hurdling there at Wexford. Had been third previously to Vision Des Flow in the Goffs Land Rover Bumper last April.

Probably worth more than his winning distance suggests. Very novicey at most hurdles and got in very tight to the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In trying to select 3 dark horses for the comp, I managed to narrow it to 9 Elliott horses eventually going for the filthy oil money horse.

honestly never remember a trainer having so much novice strength in depth.

Back