Novice Hurdlers 2017/2018

Ravenhill Road runs in the 1.25 at Doncaster today. Fortunately that meeting has beaten the frost.
Been looking forward to this fella but 10/11 a bit skinny for me with the 7lb penalty after a 76 day absence
Unfortunately I couldn't resist the 5/4
Traveled beautifully and thought he was going to hack up 2 out, but just didn't seem to see out his race. Hopefully comes on for it as would be disappointing if that's as good as he is

Travelled and jumped very well I thought but finished like he needed the run. Hopefully better next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**** price. Soft lead getting weight. Sharjah probably better.

I suppose the Deloitte will tell us who's the stable first string as they sure as hell won't run them both in the Same race.

Last edited:
I'm no pace analyst but the maiden hurdle on the same card was run 27 seconds quicker carrying more weight.

Where are you getting that from Bear? According to Irish Racing.com getabird won in 4m 5 seconds whereas Impact Factor won her maiden in 4m 11.70 seconds.

27 seconds seems like a huge disparity. Just checked the Racing Post and they have the same time as IR.

Sporting Life agree with ATR. Where's that thread about top bugbears in racing because this sort of thing is right up there. How can they not have got a grip on this yet?

They must be wrong tho. If it was 7 seconds difference for a grade 1 v a maiden you’d raise eyebrows, never mind 27 seconds!!

I've just watched the ATR replay. The race starts 5 seconds into the footage and Getabird crosses the line at 4:11 so the time on the sites you've looked at are right KA.

This has made me revisit a discussion I was having with Grassy last year about the merits of Defi Du Seuil for this years Champion Hurdle. Again I was quoting ATR times to show he was significantly slower than Arctic Fire on the same day. Winning times as follows:-

Triumph Hurdle
ATR 4m 20s.
SL 4m 20s
RP 4m 0s
Replay on The Jockey Club website 4m 3s or thereabouts

County Hurdle
ATR 4m dead.
SL 4m dead
RP 4m dead
Replay on Jockey Club website 4m dead or thereabouts

Not only are they wrong but there's no consistency in their errors! I'm not entirely sure what's going on here.

The only sure way is to devise your own method and stick to that for all races. I tend to time them all from when the leader jumps the first hurdle & that gives a true time because sometimes horses charge to the first, other times they’re all walking waiting for someone else to make the running.

Last edited:
Getabird better suited to the 2m 4f race? Personally I hope so as have already taken a position on Sharjah for the supreme.

I get the impression Sharjah has shown miles more at the track than at home to date, considering the price he's gone off at and who's ridden him so far.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Back