Novice Hurdlers 2017/2018

No other winners of either novice event in the last 10 years (how long have they been going?), littlelad.

They don't even bother with the bumper and the hurdlers get a little more prestige but not an awful lot more. Bring them along slowly

They have diluted the pool with a few flat bred types but none of them have been much usch use to date

I suppose what I am getting at is that samcro is being talked up to such an extent that even if he doesn't beat/achieve a great deal on the track but gets to Cheltenham unbeaten........ he could go off a silly price, particularly given the stat above and the reasons behind it.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Forgotten horse Getabird entered in two maiden hurdles next week. One of them interestingly over 2m6f. 25/1 for the spud race anybody?

He's only been off the track for 10 months and WPM said in his stable tour that all he'd done was lost his action on the gallops one morning so they decided to give him the rest of the season off. He goes on to say he jumps a hurdle well and is one to look forward to.

It's not like he's coming back from a serious injury and for an unbeaten WPM horse who was fav for the bumper at the start of the year, proven over 3m from his PTP days and related to Long Run, I'd expect him to be shorter in the betting.

The way I see it is he doesn't have as much to prove as some of the WPM novice hurdlers at much shorter prices, e.g. Annamix.

The 14.05 at Ascot tomorrow looks interesting with a few potentially smart sorts.

Mr One More did well to win at Stratford, but will find it tough with a penalty against two winners of the Aintree mares bumper. Lalor did nothing wrong at Exeter, but the winners let the form down since so will likely side with Kayf Grace. She's been off since December so has obviously had issues, but the Aintree form looks rock solid

Kildisart is a horse I have a lot of time for and when B365 gave 5/1 on him last night on him my eyes lit up. His p2p form at Loughanmore has worked out very well when he split Claimantakingforgan and Lough Derg Spirit.

He was bought by Simon Munir over the summer and was just touched off at Carlisle on hurdling debut last month. He stripped a lot fitter and jumped and travelled like a good horse to win comfortably for a finish. A horse with Neptune written all over him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And here he is today

attachment.php

whoosh. Star quality. Please stay sound

Very taking performance. Apart from the 2nd last which he slightly hit, he is such an effective jumper, very neat. Nice turn of foot too to put the race to bed quickly.

Lovely horse.

The big brother I'm sure is proud, so reminiscent of his jumping style and speed on the run-in just like on hurdles debut. If only he goes for the same race at Cheltenham, the above statements from Elliot sounds that he might!

Samcro made his racing debut for Bowe in a point-to-point, which he won impressively, at Monksgrange in April 2016, and the trainer told Press Association Sport: "He's always looked special."The day he won his point-to-point, he was a tad heavy going there and the ground was very soft, but the best thing about him is that he always saves himself until you need him. He's fierce good.
"He's very nimble for a horse who's already won a point and he showed that on Sunday. He was low over his hurdles and he has so much ability.

"Gordon said to me he thinks two and a half miles will be his best trip for now."
Bowe is adamant Samcro could also become a force over fences.
The County Wexford handler said: "My job is to find these nice horses and sell them on so I've no regrets, but the one mistake I made was not running him in the Land Rover Bumper (at Punchestown). He was entered but I went pointing instead.
"It's my job to sell them on but I still get plenty of pride seeing them do well. It's important to have horses flying the flag for you but I can't take any credit once they leave me.
"He's going to be very good over fences, though. The day he won his point, Gordon trained the second (Elegant Escape, now with Colin Tizzard), who he knew was a nice horse, and that persuaded him to buy him.
"He's a gentle giant. Everything comes easy to him. You wouldn't have thought speed would be his biggest asset but he's got plenty of boot."

Indeed. Daly Tiger was in my tracker and he's run a nice race but has been put away comfortably in the end.

The horse I noted winning at Wetherby last month, Kalashnikov, attempts to gun down the opposition in the 12.05 at Donny today. I’m hoping he rattles home.

Back