Novice Hurdlers 2017/2018

EC1 might have been a booster for Altior too, but DO is the one I remember first going strong on him.

Altior put up a couple of times that suggested he was special. I had Kalashnikov on my personal to follow list, so clearly I'm happy with what I saw in Saturday, and the price was a nice surprise, but in terms of showing a Supreme hand, that didn't happen on Saturday. It doesn't mean it's not in him though.

The first at Newbury today is fascinating

Claimantakinforgan has been on the radar since is first NHF run. It was his only win last season, but ran perfectly well in the Chelt and Aintree bumpers.
Lostintranslation went straight into the tracker after his 2nd at Chepstow behind Dynamite Dollars (won under a penalty at Exeter this week) as absolutely tanked through the race but made an awful mistake 2 or 3 out

I think both could end up being very decent, but probably no bet today as am struggling to split them

Fitness levels will be a major factor and definitely not a race for heavy punting. Had decided on a watching brief when saw 10/1 Someday. Had to have a small ew bet.

Paloma Blue is one of my biggest fancies for this season. HdB horses are not betting propositions in bumpers yet he won (when very raw) and followed in behind the ill fated Fayonagh.

Think he'll want 3 miles in time, but 11/4 tomorrow is very fair.

I'm really looking forward to Red Jack making his debut over hurdles today. I reckon his price will crash after the race for the Supreme and the Neptune or whatever it's called now.

I reckon he might turn out to be a bit special PJ. When he wins today he'll certainly go favourite for both races.

Royal Bond next. He did that nicely enough considering it wouldn't have been run to suit. He'll be even better off a strong pace.

Another JP horse was also very impressive today. Early Doors on only his second start over hurdles took the Fishery Lane G3 hurdle at Naas quite impressively after a big gamble.

That Goffs Land Rover Bumper form is looking quiet strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someday is one of a bunch of horses that I follow and despite my stated concerns about fitness levels I succumbed to the temptation of 10/1 ew widely available. Took what I could get which was not a particularly large sum though enough to prompt a lay off of win stake in running. He clearly is a powerful beast but needs to smooth out his action to be a really good horse. Obviously tired at the end but given the ability of his trainer I think he has significant potential.

Btw Granger - your PM box is full.

Mengli Khan looked decent there again at Navan. Jumped and traveled beautifully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back