Novice Hurdlers 2017/2018

Hopefully he'll hose up but I couldn't resist a small bet on Mind's Eye at 5/2 in receipt of 8lb, with the fav's absence to overcome.

Last edited:
White Moon and Chosen Path head to head in the last at Exeter. Both look really exciting so probably a no bet race for me

Shame Chosen Path jockey got knocked off. The horse seemed to be going well and was just about to mount a challenge. Still had plenty to do mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work

Didn't see race as of yet but would imagine BBB will need a trip

Thanks, I was surprised to see Sky push him out to 33s for the Ballymore as looked to me like he'd come on for the run / step up in trip.

Suppose it depends on Samcro but there's a lot of stamina in BBB's pedigree.

Think that will turn out to be a decent race

On the Blind Side won well ultimately and agree further will help even more. Poetic Rhythm deserves lots of credit as was giving away 5lb and also like the way the Skelton mare battled for second. Three smart ones I reckon

Cracking Smart entered in the Monksfield Novice Hurdle over 2m4f at Navan this weekend, as is Samcro, though the latter also holds the Royal Bond entry the week after.

And here he is today

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    416.7 KB · Views: 147
You can tell all that from a photo, Chef? :)

No Grey I was watching his videos many times over and he looks like he has gears. His sire is also the sire of Faugheen and Captain Cee Bee and many others whose best form has been at two miles. (At this stage I know many are thinking Faugheen can get 3 miles but he's different gravey). So I have done the study and backed Samcro accordingly for the Supreme. Good Thyme Tara is bred for stamina and got close to Samcro last year and will have a mares allowance. Samcro may well of improved well beyond G.T.T. But all his racing has been over 2 miles, the only time he won beyond was in PTP over 3m by 1L, and nothing he beat has come out to show that form was exceptional. I hope I'm wrong and he proves to be a star, I think he will but over 2m.

some of the greatest 2 milers have gone for the 2nd day novices race(Baring Bingham), Istabraq and Faugheen most recently. Supreme price is tempting but if he runs well on Sunday we'll still hold no answer to which race they'll eventually go, if he loses then I guess they'll take him for the Supreme but the confidence will be lower than it is now.

Gigginstown are awash with some very-promising middle-distance and staying novices, and have plenty of ammo for the Ballymore and Albert Bartlett, without looking to Samcro.......who seems the only one of their horses likely to have a credible chance in a Supreme Novices. Whatever happens this weekend, I reckon that's still the logical Festival target for the horse, given the coverage they appear to have in the other novice events.

Last edited:
Back