Novice & Juvenile Hurdlers 2019/20

In what way DH ? None of his form would suggest that, the one time he ran on Soft (OK it was a bumper) he won easy enogh.

In what way DH ? None of his form would suggest that, the one time he ran on Soft (OK it was a bumper) he won easy enogh.
Last year he was pulled out of his bumper debut because they were worried about quicker ground.
Sincere apologies. I stand corrected. Was sure I heard that a few times, so when you guys questioned it I went looking for the clip. But I was wrong.

Blake actually said he'd have no concerns at all about the ground, whatever it is. And on watching the clips again there, he also said that there's a 50/50 split of opinion in the Henderson camp as to which novice hurdler is better. Chantry house or Shiskin.

I'm not entirely surprised. I see him as a speed horse that'll become an all out two mile chaser. Not perfect for a Supreme. Nicky has had plenty of his type in the race before and they rarely win, the notable exception being Altior. His type usually come to their own over fences the following season, and I'll probably back him very early for the Arkle irrespective of what he does today.

Asterion Forlonge and Abracadabras are the two that fit the usual mould, and just behind them is Fiddlerontheroof.

Last edited:
I take back any Nico comments I’ve made. Tremendous ride

Shishkin would have been a desperately unlucky loser. Nothing seemed to go right but when he moved it out wide coming downhill I started thing, "Oh, hello, this could get interesting..."

Cpt G also going well when brought down.

Two lovely horses there. Performance by the winner on not ideal ground even more of a plus.

Kaboom!:D

He is some machine to win like that, bad mistake and no run of the race at all

De Boinville deserves praise for keeping his cool as well

Kaboom!:D

He is some machine to win like that, bad mistake and no run of the race at all

De Boinville deserves praise for keeping his cool as well

Class act to win from there - Asterion Forlonge should be banned from Cheltenham ! My ew bet on Captain Guinness talking.

so much went wrong for shishkin and still won, some engine there

front 2 looked good given the proximity to the 3rd

Bizarre it took the on course commentator until the 5th to say that AF jumped out to the right! Front two very good both done no favours by the faller.

Was bigging up the chances of Blacko in the Fred Winter in Sunday nights chat, having backed him at 25/1 last Thursday. Eventually came to this morning to see him 11/2 fav. WTF happened there ? I thought Kealy or Pricewise might have put him up but nothing :blink:

Last edited:
Back