Only Fools On Horses

Result - I was pissing about this evening on the eviction market on BF and got myself into the position whereby I was in profit every way unless Nikki was evicted. She's the one guaranteed to stay in now, it's just been said!! :D I've backed her again at 9/1 today as well to win it as I reckon she has a massive chance now.

No result yet - Sara, Jenni & Nikki are now through - it'll be Diarmuid or Matt now. From a financial point of view I hope it's Matt - Sara would have been the best result though!

Diarmuid out. Matt is a bit of a wild card , for example in the relay last night he rode superbly and was quickest . Otherwise the wheels have come off.

Diarmuid was kicked out which was the right decision although I'd have been more than happy if Matt had gone out!! More than happy with my punts on Nikki at 9 now - backed her pre-competition at 9 then again today (or was it yesterday?!) at the same price.

I can't see her winning though Dom - surely it will be Sara . Nikki largely still in due to her plucky come back fromthe fall

Oh, I don't know James - Sara's major plus point though is the Radio 1 listeners voting for her. If it weren't for that I'd be more confident Nikki could take it - she is the superior horsewoman; Sara is still a little too cocky and too rash when jumping without being as careful and thinking it through as well as Nikki. Nikki is also more tuned into her horse and more aware of when she should be kicking on whereas Sara is more of a passenger and isn't always aware what her horse is thinking. Sara also rushes far too much and quite often isn't in control as she is galloping blind over the course - Nikki is afr more careful and is always talking to her horse whilst checking her when she gets too keen and urging her on when she is hesitant. Besides, with Nikki at 9/1 and Sara around the even money mark (as of when I had my latest punt) it wasn't a hard decision to make!!

Yes but Nikki is still jumping the novice level course - when she went up to intermediate she had that fall .

Meanwhile , the BBC site has cornily reported

The Irish gardener has been weeded out of the competition.

I'm actually pretty sure that Nikki is jumping intermediate, James. She's done really well and is riding better than most of the others. Besides, the ones jumping advanced have let themselves down in the main - Sara is often too cockt whilst Matt has had to drop a grade as things started to go Pete Tong with him. We'll see!!

Good result, either Jenni or Sara should have won, quite happy with that. I really can appreciate what guts they need, I've had broken thigh bone and head injury showjumping so completely go to bits if a stripey pole is put in front of me. Cross country on the other hand or steeplechase fences hold no fear. How daft is that.

Ah, you've done a femur too? Crikey, there are more K-nails than you'd find in the RBH orthopaedic ward on this forum!!! :lol:

Aha - knew there was a plus point!! Mind you, I thought that it was worth it to have to keep seeing so many orthopaedic surgeons on a regular basis - not to mention the additional physios,osteopaths and chiropractors....:D

Glad now that Sara didn't win after reading of a Countryside Alliance members plot to rig the vote as Solomon is a hunter - contemptible to try and hijack Sport Relief .

Oh, lighten up - every vote contributed money to charity so Sports Relief were making moremoney out of it. Besides, do you not think that Jenni had all the GMTV viewers voting for her in "a contemptible plot to rig the vote"?

Back