Orfevre

Aragorn

At the Start
Has anyone else seen this Japanese Triple crown winner's recent run? Pulls his riders arms out the whole way, cocks his jaw on the turn and gives away around 20 lengths to the field and somehow still manages to finish second; he was 1-10.

Video's on YouTube - search for "Orfevre hanshin".

This monster/lunatic is being aimed at the Arc.

Exceptional creature, not sure what this was all about. Seemed far too fresh and a seasonal reappearance over 1m7f seems a little mad.

Coral were offering 10/1 that the Arc winner is trained in Japan this year. I availed myself given this fella is superior to Deep Impact and the amount of top class middle distance animals they seem to be churning out at the moment.

If you had to price up the Arc today with the older horses only, Orfevre would surely be a shortish favourite.

Thanks for highlighting this phenomenon.

He has to be a serious horse especially with the strength and depth of Japanese Horse Racing and their ever improving throughbreds.

Anyone going to back him for the Arc?

I saw you talking about this on Twitter the other day and assumed he was priced around 10/1 for the Arc. What price will he be put in at?

Now is the time to back him I reckon. If they straighten him out then he has to be the best middle distance horse around at the moment and with him being aimed at the Arc you're pretty certain of a run unless he goes off the rails.

Not Mythical Gamla Stan here it is
Returns: £0.00 20/03/2012 GBP 200.00 Alien: £100 e/w ORFEVRE 25/1 Arc De Trio...
Betid 26469441300 Time: 10:38 Bet Type: Alien Stake: £ 200.00
EVENT SELECTION PRICE E/W TERMS STATUS

GAMLA STAN Heres the email

Thank you for contacting us.

The traders has offer you ORFEVRE 25/1.
Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Kevin C
BETVICTOR Contact Centre

This communication and the information it contains :-
a) Is intended for the person(s) or organisation(s) named above. Access to this mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
b) Is confidential and may be legally privileged or otherwise protected in law. Unauthorised use, circulation, copying or disclosure of any part of this communication may be unlawful.
c) May be susceptible to interference and should not be assumed that it has come in its original form and / or from the stated sender.
If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender immediately by email and delete it and all copies from your system.

Fair play mate, I'm staggered. VC rarely lay a bet anymore, may try their shop on Saturday.

14s isn't a bad price either, I'd take anything above 8/1.

I wouldn't be rushing to have a bet. I agree it's bizarre but doubt it's that special.

Danedream ran to an RPR of 128 when she won, he's ran to that the last twice. Underestimate this animal at your peril, he's top class and the form backs it up as his Christmas Day win clearly shows. Hammered International Group One horses.

Back