Paddy Power Gold Cup

Haven't seen him before so it may be a trait, but there were definite signs of Long Run being a little on edge beforehand, he was certainly jiogjogging around on his toes. Main problem for me though is he just wasn't good enough.

Dj, he's usually like that and you're right.

Ec, stop looking for an argument when I'm acknowledging I got the race wrong.

Agree Jinny - sounds like Brennan is on his way out of NTD's too from what i've heard, this can only add speed to his exit.

That would be a pity, Irish. Things really did start to revive when he arrived.

On the subject of the race though, Little Josh is not getting much credit, despite having given warning with his reappearance run at Carlisle.

Bit of a shock, I take it, folks? :p

I cannot see how Brennan can share rides with Sam TD in a "flexible situation" as described by Owner Ian Robinson in the RP today. Sure he can take outside rides but how is that going to help consolidate his posistion with NTD.

At some point there will be strong rivalry for the plum rides, which will mean loyalties will be sorely tried.

Hope things don't go bad on either side.

I raised the same point with someone very close to the stable on Saturday and there was 'mmm, err, yeah' response, which was very unlike the person answering.
Aftertiming Irealise, but apaprently NTD was very sweet on LJ in the morning, if the tactics were played out correctly. The plan worked.

I thought he jumped poorly, but it was disappointing that he was not exactly hacking all over the field between his fences.

Long Run is not the greatest of jumpers is he. Probably that he doesn't really stand up to Cheltenham. He may well look a lot better elsewhere though. He has a bit of quality about him, but is never likely to be a Gold Cup horse.

Last edited:
Back