Paddy Power Gold Cup

Grand Crus. A product of the 'I got close enough to Big Bucks' to be a top class horse' school.... None of whom prove to that good. Big Bucks' really is beating them that easily.

Over hurdles. Grands Crus would tear BB a new one over fences. Assuming the latter completed.

I know he's fancies by several on here, but I've place-laid Trio D'Alene. I think Geraghty has defaulted to this one, because McCoy had Nadia De La Vega covered, and QE doesn't look that well handicapped.

Trio D'Alene is unexposed over fences, it's true, but there's nothing in his hurdles form which would indicate there's stacks of improvement sitting in him, and he has plenty to find just to get HB alone into a race.

His price reflects the Geraghty/Henderson/Saturday treble, in my view, and I'm hopeful I can get him bounced well out of the places.

Jumped like it did time before last at Cheltenham,never touched a twig bar last couple.That supreme....last years Arkle,rock solid.

Well done to those who went with him, esp Grasshopper who I think took some tasty prices when it looked like he was unlikely to run.

I know Tizzard has more-or-less ruled the race out, but it would be verging on criminal not to let Cue Card take his chance, imo.

Connections might be comfortably categorised as "Please, anyone but that pair", but there is very little to dislike about Cue Card's overall form last season. He was as highly-tried as any novice chaser, and the list of horses he was beaten by is pretty impressive.

Accounting for a reasonable degree of progression, his OR of 160 might not be quite so harsh as it once looked, and with no problems on track, trip or ground front, I think he could go well in the race.

Connections won't find out much in the Haldon, and are planning to step him up anyway. Concerns about how 'hard' the race is are a bit bogus, imo - and a thoroughly genuine and consistent sort like Cue Card shouldn't have any problems giving his running.

I've had a small dash at 30 in the miniscule hope that connections reconsider.

I've also backed Al Ferof for similar form reasons; though given he's 120 on Betfair, I can only assume he is either OFS or a different target has been declared (I honestly don't know).

Tremendous stuff Grassy.

great performance from al ferof at the weight

not massively surprised grands crus did the same as the rsa, when it came to the fight he was gone by the bottom of the hill. could be something amiss though after being pulled up.

shame about hunt ball.

Very impressive
I dont think he is a king george horse
Gold cup for the future will suit

Sprinter sacre form looks Frankelian

Very impressive for Al Ferof. Watching it again get the impression there was something wrong with GC. Scudamore was at him with a circuit to run and he never tanked like he usually does.

Back