Paddy Power Gold Cup

19 and 23 now.

Back into 16. 5th fav.......was 11 whenI first looked, 14 when I posted, strange

Cut with all the firms now........maybe the Saturday race is the preferred one?

Last edited:
I see Grands Crus is shortening every day.

What price Sprinter Sacre for Sunday....surely he will have an opponent or two ?

As per my Sprinter Sacre Appreciation thread then,Perpetual.

The difference is Frankel never had 8 or more fences to negotiate when he was that price !

Grand crus has Scu on board....want to be on him in a finish??

Horse will need to be winning in spite of, not because of, the man on top

Last edited:
I had a look at the ratings this morning. It's maybe one of the hottest renewals ever of the race, a fascinating clash of established chasers on the cusp of Graded class and possible future stars.

Among the former who are now well-handicapped are Poquelin and Forpadydeplasterer.

Among the latter just about everything else!

In between you've got some late developers like Tanks For That and Casey Top.

There's no getting away from the Pipe record and I don't imagine Scu will be too much of a hindrance to Grands Crus's chances. I suspect he'll simply be too good so might look at the market without him as I'm not the type to take short odds in a race like this.

I haven't actually checked the market but Casey Top strikes me as a type that may come in under the radar and Kingsmere to a lesser extent but I'd just love to see Hunt Ball storm up the hill.

Grand Cru declared with a Tongue Tie? Does he normally wear one? just checked - he always does.

Last edited:
48-hr decs for this one, Harry?

They will probably tank the ante-post market and open a day-of-race market after declarations.

Last edited:
Grand Crus will probably waltz off with this but I just think he is too short on the back of that duff run in the RSA.

I am going with Al Ferof I think this trip should suit him better than GC .

Grand Crus. A product of the 'I got close enough to Big Bucks' to be a top class horse' school.... None of whom prove to that good. Big Bucks' really is beating them that easily.

Grand Crus will probably waltz off with this but I just think he is too short on the back of that duff run in the RSA.

I am going with Al Ferof I think this trip should suit him better than GC .

I think Our Father is the Pipe good thing tomorrow;)

I agree with Luke, with the rub of the green Grand Crus is the likely winner.
Hopefully because he stays further, in theory they'll make use of that by keeping him in touch through out, certainly not much point in holding him up to get the trip. So hopefully there's less chance he gets hampered or hampered by a faller, and a clear round will mean something will have to surprise us bigtime to shake the fella up.

I'm so glad the jumps is back, don't think I've felt this edgy before about a race and I'm naturally the edgy type, so how you guys must feel!....

Deep down I'd love to see a public gamble on the Pipe horse and those bookmakers to get cleaned out in a grand way!.:)

Last edited:
Grand crus far to short for me,have backed al ferof each way.I have to say I have always thought of him as one paced but he's the one I see with improvement to come.

One of Diver's owners on FB

Can advise that atm DIVERS runs but a final decision will be made after Ferdy has walked the course and spoken with the senior jocks after the 2nd race.

Some good judges I know are on Kingsmere in this - still going well when tipping up 2 out in a Novices here last month, 33's a big price about a horse with plenty of ability and potential to go on.

Martin

Kingsmere 182p +?
Poquelin 180
Hunt Ball 179p
Grands Crus 179++
Al Ferof 177+p
Walkon 175 o e t
Casey Top 175p
Divers 174+
Aerial 173p
Nadiya De La Vega 172p
Micheal Flips 172p
Finger Onthe Pulse 172
Tanks For That 171p t
Questions Answered 171p t
Calgary Bay 170?
The Disengager 170p
Forpadydeplasterer 169 o (181)
Trio D’Alene 168p
Quantitativeeasing 167p +?
Gilbarry 161((163))

This is an absolute belter of a renewal. I can’t help thinking it will go to one of the top second-season chasers who are likely to be running in Grade 1s by the end of the season but who get in here off lenient marks. They are Kingsmere, Grands Crus and Al Ferof but I’d also include Hunt Ball. I backed Casey Top at a three-figure price the other night from a value perspective. While it would be impossible to rule out any of the runners, I do think Grands Crus will probably win but can’t see me getting involved at the price. I back Kingsmere last night as the value (33/1 overnight) among the ones I fancy most and will also look closely at the betting without the hotpot. I’d love to see Hunt Ball win too. It’s just a brilliant race.

Back