Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2012

Remember if he runs to form (his rating of 128) it will take the best Arc ever to keep him out of the frame.

Also, now that I’ve been good enough to explain in detail to all at Ballydoyle where they went wrong in the Leger they are all set for a famous win.

...as usual, Aidan has conveyed his profound gratitude.:cool:

A pity you were not a consultant when Hawk Wing won Division II of the 2000 Guineas...

Probably will... Moore had been close to signing a deal with Ballydoyle but was reluctant to move from Newmarket. A compromise agreement was attempted leaving Moore an option to ride in big races for Ballydoyle (I don't believe this was formalised though). Although Moore had been linked as one of the possibles for Camelot, Grimthorpe expects him to ride Sea Moon and Moore is on the face of it retained by Stoute.

Ryan Moore will do his best for Sea Moon to run in the Canadian race.

I dont know if he is fully recovred from his injury but neither of the horses has a good chance in the Arc

I think Thursday is the first day he is clear to ride... We'll let him know he might as well not bother shall we?

Last edited:
Steve..which bit of form would give Camelot a rating an a 0-140 scale of 128?

his best form on paper was beating Main Sequence..who can be no more than a 115 on a 0-140 scale.... by 5 lengths...at 1.5lb per length thats 123 max..his OHR is 124 which i wouldn't quibble with.

I know RPR's tend to be higher..but they shouldn't be unless there is good reason for them to be.. i can't see how any rating using 0-140 scale can give Camelot any better than a 124 and thats a generous rating even then

128 is not justified unless you can see something i can't

Last edited:
But Main Sequence has an RPR of 118...so that gives you 126. Maybe they added a couple of pounds.

Why shouldn't RPR's be higher than OHR?

They are higher than OHR. That is a fact of life.

but they are on the same scale

does anyone think Main sequence is a 118 horse on a 0-140 scale?

and 126 isn't 128

Last edited:
It seems a horse has been tested positive of Equine Infectious Anaemia. Danedream won't be allowed to leave the country in the next three months.

Apparently hasn't been decided if a travel ban will be put in place but hard to see them go against very tight procedures just so she can travel.

Will be great for my antepost bets as I could see her as the only danger to Orfevre but will be a shame for the race if she can't make it.

Now confirmed that no horse can leave Cologne racing grounds for three months so she's out.

No way to end a horse's career.

Here's the official statement from the German authorities:

Nachstehend nun die offizielle Presseerklärung der verantwortlichen Behörden: Das Chemische und Veterinäruntersuchungsamt Münsterland-Emscher-Lippe (CVUA) in Münster hat heute dem Veterinäramt der Stadt Köln mitgeteilt, dass ein Pferd auf der Galopprennbahn in Köln-Weidenpesch im Bluttest positiv auf Infektiöse Anämie getestet
wurde. Daraufhin sah sich das städtische Veterinäramt gezwungen, Maßnahmen nach der Verordnung zum Schutz gegen die Ansteckende Blutarmut der Einhufer (Einhufer-Verordnung) vom 4. Oktober 2010 anzuordnen.

Dazu gehört, dass das infizierte Tier getötet wird und in einem Kilometer Durchmesser rund um den Stall auf dem Gelände der Rennbahn ein Sperrbezirk errichtet wird. Die betreffenden Pferde dürfen für drei Monate das Gelände nicht verlassen. Außerdem dürfen in dieser Zeit keine neuen Pferde in den Sperrbezirk gebracht werden. Aus diesen gesetzlich vorgeschriebenen Gründen können der kommende Renntag am 3. Oktober sowie der letzte Renntag am 14. Oktober 2012 in Köln nicht stattfinden.

Bei der Infektiösen Anämie handelt es sich um eine anzeigenpflichtige Tierseuche, die bekämpft werden muss. Durch die Krankheit können nur Pferde oder andere Einhufer infiziert werden. Menschen oder andere Tiere sind nicht betroffen.Das Direktorium für Vollblutzucht und Rennen e.V. als betroffener Zuchtverband sowie der Kölner Rennverein e.V. bedauern diesen Vorfall, unterstützen aber die eingeleiten Maßnahmen und werden die Behörden bei der Durchführung begleiten.

Die Ursache der Erkrankung ist nach dem aktuellen Stand der Ermittlungen, wie aktuell auch bei weiteren Fällen in NRW und Rheinland-Pfalz, der Kontakt mit einem infizierten Pferd in einer Tierklinik

Basically states that no horse can travel into or from the infected area for the next three months, so Danedream is out

I just hope disease has been dealt with at an early stage.
It can get ugly as any infected horse has to be put down in Germany, if I am not mistaken.

Last edited:
Back