Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2012

With the rain I've been topping up with Saonois and Great Heavens yesterday and this morning.

Already on Camelot and have a small exposure to Masterstroke.

Any of Saonois, Camelot and Great Heavens will see me a net winner.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you mean 147 seconds?
The course record for 12f at York (the nearest configuration to Tokyo of the gd1 British tracks) is 146.28 secs - achieved on firm ground - about equivalent of your Japanese 'good'.
Go figure.

yes did mean 147

not really sure what i'm figuring tbh...on Firm ground the same race has been run in 2:23.9. to win it in 7 seconds slower would mean the ground had resonable give in it. ..no not like Longchamp obviously.

Who holds the course record at York?

Last edited:
yes did mean 147

not really sure what i'm figuring tbh...on Firm ground the same race has been run in 2:23.9. to win it in 7 seconds slower would mean the ground had resonable give in it. ..no not like Longchamp obviously.

Who holds the course record at York?

Bandari - 18/6/05

Early signs are Longchamp ground no worse than soft, poss even g/s.

Soumillon drawn wide on Giofra dropped her in and came with a big run on the outside to finish in the frame. I just hope that isn't a preview of the Arc. Draw worrying me more now.

Grown increasingly worried about Shareta so had a small saver on her along with topping up on Orfevre and Saonois.

Good luck everyone!

Grown increasingly worried about Shareta so had a small saver on her along with topping up on Orfevre and Saonois.

Good luck everyone!

You don't remember the sheer relief of Shareta's trainer after the Yorkshire Oaks when the rain held off long enough so as not to ruin her chances?

Any dropping in tactics by soumillon would be a worry to me too.He keeps him handy I don't think Camelot and co will see which way he went.

Last edited:
Reet...you like the jock/trainer opinions don't you?......the chat with Richard Hannon Jnr just then on Timeform radio re the ground told you what Richard Hughes thinks..very deep was the polite term they used

I've backed Masterstroke and Kesampour on account of the ground. Suspect neither will be good enough but hoping for a bit of a lottery.

Reet...you like the jock/trainer opinions don't you?......the chat with Richard Hannon Jnr just then on Timeform radio re the ground told you what Richard Hughes thinks..very deep was the polite term they used

Aye, and the Aga Khan's just said they're going through it much better than yesterday.:)
You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Just checked oddschecker and they have Great Heavens down as a Saeed Suhail horse... Ooops! (Unless she's changed ownership or something).

Good luck to one and all.

Last edited:
Back