Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2012

I must say I enjoyed the racing on sunday, although some of the races lacked a little punch. Pity they put the Arabian race in the middle though. Surely one for the end of the card.

I presume it was to give the winning connections sufficient time to meet the demands of the various post-race interviews etc rather than them having to dash off to saddle / ride a horse in the next - in the same way the Cheltenham Gold Cup is followed by the Foxhunters and the National by a conditional jockeys' hurdle.

I know you're complete strangers, but do try to stick to the truth occasionally, eh?
Racing Post have the timed ground as soft, btw.

i'm not sure what you are talking about tbh..you were very pro Camelot before the race..half way through the afternoon you said the ground was no worse than G/S..which imo points to you not letting the ground put you off backing him

sorry if i read it wrong..maybe if Camelot had won it would have been different;)

ground that is over 100bs per mile slow is heavy in anyone's book..but as i say if you belive it was..what is it now? Soft?..you were saying Good to soft during the afternoon..you'll get to heavy at some point

as i said..we have many here that do speed figures..maybe they can post their opinion of 100lb+ per mile slow ground

i'll stick to heavy tbh..slow ground finishes a little before the 3 figures comes up

just my opinion..don't go taking things to heart..you'll get yer money back off Camelot at some point;)

i don't think there is any need to be rude. I'll just post up some of your comments from the thread and see if anyone else thought you were supporting Camelot

You guys carry on laying him, eh.:lol:

Come the Arc, Camelot will have had just 1 run in the preceding 3 months, which is hardly over-raced - as Arc winners go? For mine, AO'B will tell us how close to the truth the hype is; if he develops some mysterious injury, not very; if he runs again - anywhere - doubters, watch out.

Truth is, nobody knows how good Camelot is, as he's never been properly tested. When he has, and failed, the knockers might have some credence.

Just my view, but if Camelot does run, I'd love to see Keiren Fallon get the ride. The more I look at the last 2 races, the more I'm convinced that JO'B asked for maximum effort while the horse was unbalanced, and that - more than anything - contributed to the lack of his usual finishing burst. I know KF wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but there is still no finer exponent of gathering a horse together and waiting till he's completely poised, before delivering the coup de grace.

Early signs are Longchamp ground no worse than soft, poss even g/s.

i might be wrong but they look like someone who was pretty keen on Camelot..and then commenting on the ground just being Good to soft...looks like someone convinced the horse would have no probs on the ground.

Of course if i read it wrong i'll apologise again even though you would never accept such a thing from someone you dislike so intensely.

.its just a messageboard Reet..i'm just a name on it...i don't think i've ever really done anything wrong to you..seeing as i have never even met you..so i'm not sure what your problem has been for about 7 years..maybe you should just ignore my posts..you know..maybe pack in the naysaying just for the sake of contradicting things i say..you might feel better you never know..a nice positive attitude towards your fellow racing fans...maybe we could go for a beer..have a date or summat...share a kiss;)

maybe not that far;)

Last edited:
They ran for different owners: MLLE KAZUKO YOSHIDA owns Aventino, Orvefre is wearing the colors of SUNDAY RACING CO. LTD.

Sorry, didn't see this yesterday. Must be only horses under the same ownership that are coupled, not merely the same trainer (Meandre and Masterstroke weren't coupled either).

I reckon something must have changed recently in that case... The ecurie or so-called coupling system in France applies to owners holding at least a 25% share and trainers with multiple representation (...or at least it did), on the pari-mutual (win part only, the place part is settled on named horse). It was introduced in France to protect punters from controversial results.

France-Galop voted to scrap the rule several years ago in a bid to boost turnover. However, the French Government insisted that the organisers of trotting must also agree... Not sure what stage it has reached now.

Last time I attended (in 2009) the system was in place. I didn’t notice that the PMU prices were coupled this time though.

See below:
In France horses from the same stable or ownership are coupled for betting purposes. In a race, if horses 2 and 5 are in the same ownership they are said to be ‘écurie’. This is shown in the race card by both horses having E1 in the column detailing their names. Should there be another pair of horses in the race both owned by a single, different owner they will be designated as E2. For win bets only, if you back one of those écurie horses you are backing them both.

Last edited:
I reckon something must have changed recently in that case... The ecurie or so-called coupling system in France applies to owners holding at least a 25% share and trainers with multiple representation (...or at least it did), on the pari-mutual (win part only, the place part is settled on named horse). It was introduced in France to protect punters from controversial results.

France-Galop voted to scrap the rule several years ago in a bid to boost turnover. However, the French Government insisted that the organisers of trotting must also agree... Not sure what stage it has reached now.

Last time I attended (in 2009) the system was in place. I didn’t notice that the PMU prices were coupled this time though.

See below:
In France horses from the same stable or ownership are coupled for betting purposes. In a race, if horses 2 and 5 are in the same ownership they are said to be ‘écurie’. This is shown in the race card by both horses having E1 in the column detailing their names. Should there be another pair of horses in the race both owned by a single, different owner they will be designated as E2. For win bets only, if you back one of those écurie horses you are backing them both.

I would have sworn it coupling only occurred with horses in the same ownership.

Second last Furlong in 11.6 seconds on heavy ground at the end of a 1m 4f race :blink:

Ermm.............Timeform have the ground as soft, (and I'd defy anyone to name any horse to show the kind of acceleration Orfevre did on proper heavy ground).

erm..lmfao

i'd watch the video above..Frankel like

this is some horse..i'd love to see a head to head

erm...i had another look reet..i got the ground as Good on Sunday..not far off g/f i reckon

kiss:)

Last edited:
Back