Prix Noailles & Prix D'harcourt

betsmate

At the Start
A couple of interesting Group 2 races this weekend...

A big Prix Du Jockey Club trial sees Full of Gold back out and up against some useful sorts including Tabor/Fabre's Mount Helicon who won at Saint-Cloud a few weeks back. A bit more British/Irish interest in the shape of The Bogberry and Quam Cellerine.

The Prix D'Harcourt sees some old favourites out plus an interesting looking Von Ullmann-owned/Fabre-trained son of Monsun - we've seen this before haven't we?

Persian Storm is def. no Manduro. He did run in Germany last year, and even though he certainly should improve for Fabre I cannot see him reaching any sort of that level. He was a dual Gr.III winner in Germany last year, and finished 6th in our Derby; but its very difficult to weigh the form up, and Davidoff did certainly nothing to enhance the form very much.

I did hear many posivite things about Aspectus, but he had a run for Fabre already and that was crap, to be honest.

3:20 PRIX NOAILLES (GROUP 2) (3YO COLTS & FILLIES)
Winner £54,412.00
1m2f110y HEAVY
Code:
No.  Form Horse      Trainer       Wgt Jockey    
1(4)    Mayweather    J-C Rouget    3 9-2 C-P Lemaire 
2(1) 4-41 Chirango     P Demercastel   3 9-2 C Soumillon 
3(3) 211- Full Of Gold   Mme C Head-Maarek 3 9-2 T Gillet 
4(5) 1-2  Court Canibal  M Delzangles   3 9-2 O Peslier
5(2) 34-1 Mount Helicon  A Fabre      3 9-2 S Pasquier 
6(6) 91-1 Blue Bresil   Mlle B Halley des 3 9-2 O Trigodet

3:50 PRIX D'HARCOURT (GROUP 2) (4YO+)
Winner £54,486.00
1m2f HEAVY
Code:
No.  Form Horse        Trainer      Wgt  Jockey     
1(4) 433- Boris De Deauville S Wattel    5 9-1  T Thulliez
2(3) 10F- Quest For Honor   A Fabre     4 9-1  O Peslier 
3(5) 15-1 Spirit One     P Demercastel  4 8-12 C Soumillon 
4(2) 33-2 Musical Way     P Van De Poele 6 8-12 Ronan Thomas 
5(6) 65-3 Aspectus      A Fabre     5 8-12 J Victoire
6(1) 432- Loup Breton     E Lellouche   4 8-12 C-P Lemaire 
7(7) 18-2 Balius       C Laffon-Parias 5 8-12b M Blancpain  
8(8) 612- Persian Storm    A Fabre     4 8-12 S Pasquier

No meaningful prices out yet but I might have a look at Loup Breton to place when the markets start to form.

Nobody is admitting it, but RUK only have Market Rasen tomorrow, so an outside possibility???

P.S. On April 13th their programme schedule promisingly includes 'Racing from France'.

Heh, just switched back from his page to read that...

Photo:

b01802008040605.jpg

Close race, bunched finish, suggests a false pace which FoG will have done well to overcome. </guessing>

Right I have got €1 E/W on Loup Breton as that is what my new Zeturf account is limited to.

If it wins then Diet Cokes all round.

God damn it,said to boss yesterday that there was no point in me going to longchamp with only 4 runners.3 winners and a 2nd in same race as one of winners later Im starting to think I should have gone!

One to watch from the first race on the card.

Montmartre (Montjeu x Artistique)

Aga Khan/De Royer Dupre/Soumillon

Ran second on debut, entered at Saint-Cloud next month and then Du Jockey Club and the GD Prix Paris.

In fact the winner too. Hopefully some replays available.

Back