Queen Anne Stakes

You little beauty! I love this horse

Was always nonsense that he didnt stay (on fast ground anyway)

He pissed that...

In fairness I had my doubts after Newbury, but for once Carsons observation (and expaliend why) that he has to be a fast ground horse clinched it for me. The dwarf has his uses i suppose...

Thought that was a pretty poor race. I guess the winner did it well and obviously he's proved he stays but I thought if he did stay a mile he'd win a bit better than that.

He was hanging right and hanging on in the final furlong. Luckily for him the rest of the field was poor or trained by the jokers. I'd stand by my thought that he'd come up short over a mile if proper g1 horses made it a test.

Let's hope it happens. The odds will be good.

Will be interesting to see will connections persevere over a mile, with the Sussex Stakes seemingly the most obvious target, or drop him back to 7f.

Dissapointing performance from Gladiatorus; Ajtebi thought he was riding Pegasus given that he sent him off like a scalded cat but it was fairly clear half a mile out that he wouldn't be winning.

I'd agree 3/1 is too short, and the price differential is clearly too large, but don't Alexandros and Virtual need a little cut to show their best?

I don't have as many doubts as others about Paco boy staying a mile. I wouldn't be sure, but he got it well enough in the Moulin on ground softer than what is likely next week. An extra year on his back, fast ground and Gladatorius apart it's hard to see anything beating him if he's back to his better form.

I am having many words with myself now for being swayed by the Gladiatorus 'best horse in the world' stuff. Your first impression is usually what you should stick with.

That must have been humiliating for Sheikh Mo. Needs to get rid of SBS, there's just no other way.

He was hanging right and hanging on in the final furlong. Luckily for him the rest of the field was poor or trained by the jokers. I'd stand by my thought that he'd come up short over a mile if proper g1 horses made it a test.

Let's hope it happens. The odds will be good.

For God's sake - he stayed, just accept it. If you think he's not good enough, fine, but he definitely stays a truly run mile.

Can't take anything away from Paco Boy but Godolphin's efforts with their 2 runners there shouldn't be swept under the carpet.

The horse stayed perfectly well. Indeed , it was a terrifically fast run race over a stiff mile . The fact he is awesome over 7f doesn't mean he isn't a top class miler .

Calling Cesare, Aqlaam and Main Aim poor is just plain daft. Cesare has very good G1 form and the other two are a Jersey winner and a much improved horse that thrashed a G3 winner last time out.

The horse stayed perfectly well. Indeed , it was a terrifically fast run race over a stiff mile . The fact he is awesome over 7f doesn't mean he isn't a top class miler .

Calling Cesare, Aqlaam and Main Aim poor is just plain daft. Cesare has very good G1 form and the other two are a Jersey winner and a much improved horse that thrashed a G3 winner last time out.

I was impressed with the winner, but there was no doubt it was a poor enough Group 1 (as was said before the race by many).

I think Hannon's after race comments were entertaining and spot on, as was his reaction.

Cesare is what he is. His proximity pegs the form of the race on a very similar level to the last couple of years. I didn't get too excited about those races either.

Cesare is what he is. His proximity pegs the form of the race on a very similar level to the last couple of years. I didn't get too excited about those races either.

Exactly. You'd be disappointed if there wasn't a three-year old out there better than that.

it was a terrifically fast run race over a stiff mile

What was the time? I'm not disputing, but I am at work with limited access to replays and it looked like they were dawdling in the middle of the race.

Not quite as Paco Boy beat Cesare rather more easily than either Ramonti or Haradasun.

Not quite as Paco Boy beat Cesare rather more easily than either Ramonti or Haradasun.

Cesare is older now, making his seasonal debut today and had problems according to his trainer earlier in the spring - might have something to do with it.

Back