Racing Post Charge

I go there much less often nowadays - the braindead comments on just about every news page puts me off as much as anything.

Her, Warbler, thanks for your interest in French racing. Would I advise frogsracing.com, which I run ? As for the results live, log on zeturf.com, and if you are speaking some kind of French, try www.paris-turf.com for the comments on every runner. Could help.

Thanks for that, unfortunately my French makes navigating Paris Turf urr.... hazardous, though I can get bits of it.

Frogsracing looks like quite a fun site, and delivered with a degree of self-deprecating humour (which is quite refreshing) but at the moment it doesn't seem to have the hard data which I would need. I presume this is either too time consuming to stay on top of, or perhaps there's a copyright issue? I sourced quite a few decent horses out of France in recent years, as I tend to believe there's a bit of a blind spot in the British punter, and even our television companies would seemingly show a 0-70 handicap from Uttoxeter as the dominant picture over the Guineas on a split screen (probably a contractual thing again).

I've recently tried obtaining an ante-post price for the Arc only to be quoted an array of frankly embarrasing and shameful prices for what the horse in question has achieved to date (admittedly I haven't tried some of the better bookies yet) and I still feel that there's something of a problem in embracing the French pattern here, but that's another issue

Welcome to the forum anyway, I'm sure a bit more French input is to be welcomed

A quick look suggests that it has been improved but still things not quite right.

I don't think 'days since the last run' fits comfortably where they have put it.

I thought that there were some very ancient animals running today!:blink:

What it doesn't seem to do any more, is to remember horses you've searched for. I've searched for several, usually to bring up their past form, and then gone back later to look over some other aspect of their careers. In the past, the horse's name used to come back up in the box the moment you typed the first few letters of its name. Now it doesn't do this - it's a minor irk, but it's odd how several previously very good facilities now don't work as well as they used to.

That's not to do with the Racing Post website, Kri, that'll be to do with your personal settings, I think. Try Internet Options, there'll be something in there about it. Is it the same on other sites? It's hard for me to tell you what to do as I'm on a Mac, but I remember having a similar problems when I mucked about with a PC when I used to use one.

Krizon, if you're using the Mozilla Firefox Browser it could be that you've set it to automatically 'Clear Private Data' at the end of every session. To check that you can hit Ctrl+Shift+Delete keys and the pop-up box will appear.

From there you can select/de-select the option to 'Saved Form and Search History' and the 'Saved Passwords' options amongst others.

I guess I'm a bit slow off the mark here:

Why doesn't the RP show race-cards now/today -- have they started charging for them?

Just tried to look at the Oaks card & got only race details & betting forecast.
OH: however, when I 'copy' & paste, I get runners, form etc as a result. That is weird: it's there but not visible.
(using Firefox.)

I do feel a bit peeved about their work.

RP are running a survey on the website at the moment. Might be a chance for some of you to register your opinions.

RP are running a survey on the website at the moment. Might be a chance for some of you to register your opinions.

I spent some 25/30 minutes giving my opinion, only to be told that they had enough information and thanking me for my interest.

Back