Racing Post Charge

For people using the Rp to compile his own ratings , the new format is much worse, lets hope they amend it soon.

If they dont solve the problems very soon , it will be a nightmare in coming weeks.

In the file for everyhorse, no chance to see the ratings you give to a horse in every race. That will make much more difficult to rate the races.

No chance to see the card complete for a racecourse in a day

Trainers statistics working badly

In the page of the meetings of the day the title of every race not linked with the class the races are.

The format is much worse to print.

Summing up, a complete disaster so far.

Thanks Suny, wondering about how the "My Notes" and "My Ratings" sections were working. Have you experienced any problems retrieving your own ratings in the new format?

It wouldn't be worth my while paying for the service if I couldn't access the 5 years'-worth that I have added in over the past year.

Well, it went live this morning, so I decided to do the same analysis on old and new RP sites - 2:40 Hereford, tomorrow

Old site - 3mins led me to hone in on 4 runners

New Site - 24 mins after which I lost the will to live and that was with the advantage of the previous analysis

Old site, the recent form is below the card and by scrolling down there isn't much chance of overlooking a runner.

New site, lost my place twice, several repetitions, without making copious notes its nigh impossible to keep track of those horses you have considered and those you haven't. As for sipping on a coffee, no chance, you need all your wits about you.

Complete and utter sh*te. Thats the last Racing Post I buy at the weekend.:mad:

For the record from the four runners, the best value at forecast price (another bloody click) was Thebelloftheball.

Sorry to hear all you serious players are sounding frustrated - MR2

Old site, the recent form is below the card and by scrolling down there isn't much chance of overlooking a runner.

New site, lost my place twice, several repetitions, without making copious notes its nigh impossible to keep track of those horses you have considered and those you haven't. As for sipping on a coffee, no chance, you need all your wits about you.

MR2 have you seen the four buttons under each runner on the standard card? Click the one that looks like a notepad for the form summary as per the old site. Click the cross when you rule one out and it is moved to the bottom of the racecard and greyed out.

No chance to see the card complete for a racecourse in a day

Click on racing from the top menu - this lists every race on the day by time or meeting on one page (something that was not available without using dropdown menus on the old site).

Click on the "Show all races at this meeting on one page" to show the entire card from one meeting on one page.

personally I think its bloody awful;

Soon you have to pay to see a betting forecast, makes my blood turn to be honest.

Its hard to get around the site, it runs so slow and its horribly designed. There was never anything wrong with the old site.

Me thinks it could be time to design and launch a new site maybe.

Thanks betsmate, I'll try that this evening.

Its still sounds like another click and delay.

For all you techies, if I, and many others, start greying out the ones we thnk are losers can the RP record these actions and use this information in the betting markets i.e. our judgements are no longer private.

MR2

For all you techies, if I, and many others, start greying out the ones we thnk are losers can the RP record these actions and use this information in the betting markets i.e. our judgements are no longer private.

The 'Most Popular Bets' feature is presumably generated from clicks on the Bet Now buttons alongside each horse on the race cards?

I suspect the slowness this morning has nothing to do with your browser and everything to do with them experiencing a proper load on the new site for the first time...

Yeah its all too much hard work. Any new site (or anything new) should only be opened up for the public when it is ready.

I have just sat down to do tomorrow's Plumpton card. The site is running so slowly that, in 10 minutes, I haven't even got to the card yet. I just have a screen full of rotating flowers.

What an absolute shambles.

A disgrace. And, can someone tell me (it would take an hour to find out through clicking through) - they expect people to pay for part of this?!

Even more hilarious considering they spent the last week counting down to the launch on the "splash" page!

maybe they aren't going to charge for this incarnation..then in a month or two bring the old one back...then charge when everyone is so relieved ;)

Back