Racing Post Charge

Just had a quick looksee. It's a stupid product I don't want.

Couldn't see todays results let alone the results archive.

I know a lot on TH don't see eye-to-eye with the Channel4 crew but I'm sending off a view to them, lets see if they pick up on it on Saturday.

I've had a 30 year, almost loving relationship, with the RP - I feel betrayed and downright angry to have such a good facility ruined by stupidity.

Seething, MR2

They already are charging for the Members Club or whatever the fuck its called, EC1.

The whole thing is a complete, unbridled disaster IMO.

Just thought I'd mention something else:

having used the new site this evening, my computer went very slow and seemed to be doing a lot of processing - I suddenly realised that in using the RP site it had opened 28 new windows. Took me 15 minutes to clear out the system, close it down and restart.

Can someone tell me who owns the RP now, I feel like blasting someone with every piece of cynicism I can muster.

MR2

The RP is owned by a private group of Irish investors (headed by Alan Byrne, the former RP editor). They bought it from Trinity Mirror about 18 months ago for something in the region of £170m.

things not so bad

I wish the speed improves in coming days
and some adjustments

but a change of this size is not easy,

feedback of the people posting what we feel are mistakes could be a help.

Now that the site is actually working, I have no problem with it. It is still a little slow and is taking some getting used to but I've done most of tomorrow's Plumpton card without fuss and I'm quite content.

Tried it for the first time last night. Not too bad. My only gripes would be that it is still a bit slow and that the grey background is a bit hard on tired eyes.

Well, I've got the hang of this greying out business, the only problem is - it's made my selection process a down right chore. Enjoyment ebbing away fast.

Now, I'm downselecting on the Sporting Life and only using the RP as last resort, I trust their race readers more.

Just realised why, I ended up with 28 windows open and a system nearly crashing last night. After viewing form and deciding on greying out or not I needed to close the form-window - what a ball-ache.

(For all you people thinking 'why didn't he close the window before greying out', I tried that but betwixt closing the window and greying out I forgot the name of the bloody horse.)

Anyone found the RP race result archive, yet?

A very grey MR2

Well, I've got the hang of this greying out business, the only problem is - it's made my selection process a down right chore. Enjoyment ebbing away fast.

Now, I'm downselecting on the Sporting Life and only using the RP as last resort, I trust their race readers more.

Just realised why, I ended up with 28 windows open and a system nearly crashing last night. After viewing form and deciding on greying out or not I needed to close the form-window - what a ball-ache.

(For all you people thinking 'why didn't he close the window before greying out', I tried that but betwixt closing the window and greying out I forgot the name of the bloody horse.)

Anyone found the RP race result archive, yet?

A very grey MR2

Results archive? Do you mean this?

http://www.racingpost.com/horses/racing.sd

Just above the "Choose Race" title there the date (currently 3 Dec). On the date there is a drop down arrow..click on it and select the date you want the results.

Thanks Galileo, that gives me a little more of what I want.

But in RP(deceased) site I could choose a range of dates and courses etc which made it possible to analyses trends quite easily e.g. handicaps at York over 10 years. The results of which were quite interesting in terms, for example, of draw given different going. It was by no means an immediate result but given 15 mins you could assess wether there was anything of interest.

Fortunately, I have accumulated some good information, but should my imagination fire up another question, methinks it will take a lot longer than 15 mins just finding the full set of races.

Anyway, thanks for the pointer.

MR2

Received this email - without prompting - today (I subscribe to the online RUK feed):

We regret that as a subscriber to Racing UK through Racing Post, you have been unable to access Racing UK online for the last two days.

This has been due to difficulties associated with logging in to racingpost.com as well as performance issues with the website. We would like to apologise for the inconvenience this will have caused you.

As a gesture of goodwill we would like to offer you a free month of Racing UK on top of your current contract. Over the next week we will contact you to confirm how this will be implemented.

We are very disappointed that our new website is not functioning as expected and can assure you that everyone at Racing Post is committed to resolving the problems as soon as possible.

We hope that by midday tomorrow, Thursday 4th December, you will be able to successfully log in to racingpost.com and access your Racing UK subscription.

Credit where its due; at least they've put their hands up and are trying.

Just realised, that when I choose a previous date the site gives me options to search with criteria, thanks again for the pointer, Relkeel.

If only the box was bigger and it highlighted my previous selection, life would be so much easier.

Another strep nearer to what I use RP for.

MR2

I just find it too slow and fiddily.

I dont like the fact when viewing 5 day decs you cant easily view on one page, as they never load.

For me its starting to get seriously annoying and I am very close to start using the Sporting-Life, but I cant work out if thats a step forward or backwards. I want .co.uk back !!

Me too.

I haven't found on the new site the Charts facility which showed going and distance preferences and performance levels in graph form.

Another facility which I miss is the little blue arrowhead indicator in the results section showing that a horse has had a subsequent run.

I haven't spotted any improvements yet. No doubt they exist if one had the patience to wait for them to load.

More from the RP:

Yesterday we informed you that we hoped to be able to reinstate access to your Racing UK subscription by noon today, 4th December.

We regret that although we have identified the technical bug causing difficulties with our registration process, we are unable to reinstate log in today.

However, log in will be reinstated on racingpost.com before noon tomorrow, Friday 5th December.

We are very grateful for your patience, and apologise again for the inconvenience caused.

Racing Post Customer Services

Early impressions are that it is slow and cumbersome.

However, the one faciltiy I tend to use most often, I can't find!

I like to look ahead at (and print off) the TV races for the weekend, or one big Saturday race, if I have time to study it in advance. I see no such facility in the new site. Am I missing a something?

My efforts using the Racing Post race cards suggest that Helium, who runs tomorrow in the first at Sandown, is interesting.

In Dec 2007 he was 9th of 4 runners at Deauville and the following April 7th of 4 at Le Croise Laroche.

On both occasions the winning time exactly matched standard.

Helium then took part in a succession of three horse races in which he was third, first and second respectively. In the first of these, at Durtal, the winner was clearly a dead cert because judging from the total SP there were no bets on any other runner in the race.

When Helium himself was the winner at Clairefontaine his time once again matched standard and the total SP was a very generous 9%.

Helium's next race at Auteuil must have been a crawl because it was slow by 251 seconds, even though the winning time was 4m11s. Connections might not have been despondent, however, because according to the reported total SP for the race all bets were on the winner.

Back