Racing Post website and newspaper

They can be accessed free online but you can't download them or copy and paste from the screen, which wouldn't suits DO's requirements.

Good shout anyway.

I know from past experience it's pointless trying to reason with you, and I don't need teaching how to curse, so my answer will be necessarily brief.
I have no interest in competitions; don't recall even entering one, here or elsewhere. My donations to the site are my business, and should remain so, though you might try asking Col.
Posters are the lifeblood of this forum, though they're unlikely to be attracted by constant belly-aching about NH racing being the only pure part of the sport, or streams of invective such as the above.
Now wind your neck in, and go back to whatever it is you've been drinking.

Suggest you look-up the definition of “constant” for starters.

As far as attracting new posters, they’re unlikely to want to join if they think the place is full of superior, curmudgeonly, arseholes, taking a pop at long-standing members who make a full (during the winter) contribution to the forum, for no valid reason. It’s even worse when they double-down, and effectively accuse said poster of jeopardising the future of the site - again, for no valid reason.

Wind your own neck in.

Website all over the show this morning and they've failed to provide today's newspaper in the iPad app.

That is/was all I used them for but that's discontinuing from end of September and I'd need to switch over to the digital newspaper version. They can feck right off with that idea.

************* (Racing Post)
Aug 31, 15:22 BST
Dear Mr Wilson,
Thank you for your email.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in the publishing the latest Racing Post iPad daily edition download.
Unfortunately technical issues have prevented us publishing the edition at 8pm yesterday evening and these issues have continued into today, despite the on-going efforts of our IT team.
We are continuing to work hard to publish the edition although we cannot guarantee that this will be achieved this afternoon.
Please accept our apologies once again and we will provide further updates as soon as we know more.
Kind regards,
Racing Post Customer Services

They're a shambles when it comes to IT

Hurray! Have stopped listening to the weekend Postcast because of him. Let’s hope they get someone less annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will go further downhill. They will get in someone younger with even less knowledge about racing who will want to appeal to the clueless majority.

Sadly, there is no competition for this clusterfuck of an omnishambles.

For once they should be applauded. That's a neat little trick to get the last few remaining flat racing fans into a proper sport.

I met Tom Kerr a while back, the year Raise The Beat ran in Cheltenham. He was modest and genuinely interested in racing, so I wish him well.

Don't know what Alan Crowhurst must think when his name is put against articles like "Greatrex bullish over the chances of exciting prospect Emitom" and they pay him.....good photographer btw not knocking him.

I can just imagine the interview.......Do you think Emitom has a chance today?............"Geezus Christ man wtf kinda question is that he's 1/8 you idiot".............Can I quote you? lol

But really it's not the reporter it's the Editor.

The man must have **** for brains...........Like name one racing person who looked at that article and didn't sarcastically think............. "Oh geez thanks I'll just run to the bank"

For the next NH season ill be purchasing a far better laptop and keeping spreadsheets to try and help me determine were im going right and wrong in terms of what im betting on. Im certainly not losing much, im just looking at different angles that may help me along the way. Keeping my own figures where I can and even looking at timings of races is something ill be doing myself rather than relying on other people on Twitter or on here to post such stuff.

I see Racing post gives you literally everything you need to know etc with racing replays. Its £30 a month. Is it worth it? Anyone have it? Been mulling over it for a while now, somethings just putting me off it though.

For the next NH season ill be purchasing a far better laptop and keeping spreadsheets to try and help me determine were im going right and wrong in terms of what im betting on. Im certainly not losing much, im just looking at different angles that may help me along the way. Keeping my own figures where I can and even looking at timings of races is something ill be doing myself rather than relying on other people on Twitter or on here to post such stuff.

I see Racing post gives you literally everything you need to know etc with racing replays. Its £30 a month. Is it worth it? Anyone have it? Been mulling over it for a while now, somethings just putting me off it though.

Replays available free on SL, ATR & BHA websites; I pay RP c14.50 per month for the basic package which gives all I need. Also includes RPR & Topspeed ratings.
ATR sectionals etc. are the bee's knees, imo. Bet 365 also have replays.

Last edited:

I have it but I had the iPad Newspaper app, which I thought was excellent and they stopped producing that and converted everybody over to the RP package you mention. I still like being able to download the paper to my iPad each day (can also download to laptop) but I find it a bit fiddly to navigate/zoom etc. so find myself using the online content more.

In terms of replays, it's okay but I have an RTV subscription and prefer to watch them on there as it just seems more stable and responsive.

The short answer:- is it worth it?, I'd say yes - just about - at a £1 a day but it depends on what £30 a month means to each I guess.

Back