Rest Of Leopardstown

No doubt he was going best. 1.07 in running. I suppose he was just waiting to jump the last. I just did not think the race was over.

No doubt he was going best. 1.07 in running. I suppose he was just waiting to jump the last. I just did not think the race was over.

Cousin Vinny can quicken up when asked, Pandorama just keeps going at the same gallop. Pandorama needed to have CV off the bridle before the last if he were to have any chance.

Hard to see any other outcome than Cousin Vinny stretching away to be honest.

Feel sorry for Paddy, but my first impression (admittedly only saw it a couple of times) was that he decked the horse.

the ground is quite rain-soaked - I agree the horse slipped AFTER the hurdle, Patrick M was not to blame, they jumped it fine; I also agree that he was going to beat Pandorama nicely. Very unfortunate.

Pandorama is a very striking looking horse, incredibly deep chested, I'd be inclined after that and seeing the way he jumps to send him over fences asap

Ebadiyan and Zaynar head to head up the Cheltenham hill in the Triumph would be quite a sight - two greys both bred by the Aga Khan! Neither will lack stamina to finish, and a one/two would not surprise me

That was harder work for Cooldine than I thought it would be. I was roaring Ruby to send him on down the back straight.

First two pulled a nice way clear of Trafford Lad.

So do we think Ruby will ride Cooldine and Sam Thomas What a Friend if both get
to the RS Chase safe and sound?

They walked home up the run in, so perhaps as well that he didnt! Will he get home at Cheltenham?

As for Cousin Vinny, the rider may have had a look round but it was well in advance of the hurdle and he did not unbalance the horse. He presented the horse to the flight nicely, the horse jumped it well, and for some reason stumbled on the next stride. Pure unlucky and could have been anybody. Regards the festival he will surely want it really soft.

I was on PAndorama
feel very lucky

Cousin vinny was 1.03 when falling
Townnend would have won

Pando, I dont think he run to his best.

Cousin interesting for cheltenham with ruby or townend on

Cooldine
nice prospect for next season, FPTP the same

Good pic and interesting comments from the trainers on the RP already -
http://www.racingpost.com/horses/home.sd?story=119167&ac=acts

Meade spot on about Pandorama! Can't wait to see him chasing, he was very striking in the paddock

Suny, how could Townend have stopped the horse slipping? he lost his backend... I don't think any jock would have stayed on at that point. Mullins explains in that RP piece why the horse was taken a bit by surprise by the last!

Last edited:
I presume what Suny means is that if Townend had ridden the horse he may have stayed on board (Mullins was on the horse).

I presume what Suny means is that if Townend had ridden the horse he may have stayed on board (Mullins was on the horse).

:whistle: I'm well aware who was on the horse and what Suny was saying!

It is permitted to disagree with him you know. I don't think Townend or anyone else would have had much chance of staying on given how fast he was going and the degree of slippage - did you study kinetics at school Arkers, or the laws or velocity? Have you ridden a horse over a jump?

Think Neptune Collonges will win, but the ground looks very testing and think that will lead Notre Pere to run a big race.

It's got nothing to do with snobbery and everything to do with how you see jockeys' recations to certain things which happen in races - esp falls inc from eg swerves on the run-in etc etc. So often people who have not ridden just don't seem to understand that there is a certian critical point (to do with the forces of kinetic energy) beyond which no jock can hang on. Sometimes it's marginal, but anyone who HAS ridden is much more likely to know where the tipping point is

I'm impressed with Neptune Collognes. Never looked like getting turned over. 7/1 for the Gold Cup at the moment. Fair price.

Back