Retirements and Departures 2013

MADISON DU BERLAIS, one of the stars of the 2008-09 jumps season when he captured the Hennessy Gold Cup and became the first horse to defeat Denman over fences, has died of colic aged 12.

Plein Pouvoir at Aintree - what a sickener. Why jockeys don't pull up tired horses that are falling back and are well out of the placesI cannot imagine - looked an exhausted back breaking fall .

I'm assuming Michel le Bon is a fatality as well? Leighton Aspell thought so and the way he landed on that fence was not good. Any confirmation?

Sad to report Jwala, winner of the Nunthorpe for Robert Cowell, took a fatal fall in the Sprint in Hong Kong. Steve Drowne taken to hospital but conscious.

Plein Pouvoir at Aintree - what a sickener. Why jockeys don't pull up tired horses that are falling back and are well out of the placesI cannot imagine - looked an exhausted back breaking fall .

I echo your thoughts. I thought the claimer was riding for personal reasons rather than looking after the horses welfare. He had never rode over those fences before.

Andrew Cooper (@ACooperClerk), clerk of the course at Sandown, tweeted: "Positive updates on Tigresse Bleue and Michel Le Bon this morning. Former is stable and responding well, latter has been led out for walk."

Andrew Cooper (@ACooperClerk), clerk of the course at Sandown, tweeted: "Positive updates on Tigresse Bleue and Michel Le Bon this morning. Former is stable and responding well, latter has been led out for walk."

Very good to hear. I was very taken with Tigresse Bleue in her wins and she looked to be travelling beautifully before she was injured.

Andrew Cooper@ACooperClerk 16h
Michel le Bon was led out for a walk around the yard at our vets this morning - he will prob stay there a couple of days.

Bostons Angel, 2011 RSA Chase winner at Cheltenham for Jessica Harrington and now with David Pipe, is to be retired.

Back