Retirements and Departures 2013

Apologies for the quality, if only I could blame the weather or the camera rather than my own inadequacies.

Thanks Arkwright I think it's a great picture, Zoe was distraught as she brought him up from a foal. Thanks everybody for your kind comments.

I'm so sorry Swedish chief, it was a such a stupid, unlucky, unfair fall. It's bad enough when they get hurt on their own but when another horse interferes and causes it it's particularly sad. Sympathies to all.

Nx

National Hunt stallion ranks have lost a hugely promising one in Gold Well, a brother to Montjeu he was making waves over the jumps sphere

Queensland jockey Desiree Gill has died from severe head injuries suffered in a fall on the Sunshine Coast.

Amazing mare Just Lille left the Anne Duffield yard today for a well earned retirement. A winner of 18 races.

Veteran chaser Backstage has died after suffering an injury on trainer Gordon Elliott's gallops.
The French-bred 11-year-old was a particularly formidable performer in point-to-points and was in action in a race at Grennan as recently as November 3.
Under Rules, he ran in the 2010 and 2011 Grand Nationals and in this year's Cheltenham Foxhunter.
Elliott tweeted: "Backstage winner of 18 races sadly broke a leg on the gallops. What a servant 2 the yard, will be hugely missed #rip."

Two horses having catastrophic breakdowns in clommels 3.55 bumper. Both horrific.

They have to sort out the ground, this is SO not on.

The two were silver Phesant and Anothergreymorning.

Niki x

Last edited:
Think he was the one who was owned by all the staff in the yard too, when I was there in 2009 he was due to run in the National on their behalf.

A lovely horse, such a terrible shame. A day of highs and a big low for the Mullins yard. Poor new owner.

Nx

Very sad news about Sanctuaire, he was a proper character and really likeable. Gutted about Backstage as well, I remember seeing him at Musselburgh a few years ago and he was a lovely horse.

Thoughts with connections and RIP both

Back