Retirements and Departures 2013

One I took of Mon Mome at Venetia's yard the week after he won his National, had to ask his lass to bring him outside as he wouldn't let anyone else within ten yards of his box lol

DSCF0714.jpg

Very sad news about Fair Along - one of my favourite horses just as it seems they were about to retire the old boy too.

And so starts the anti racing campaign on the BBC - several quotes from Animal Aid about the cruelty etc blah blah but they are the only campaigners the BBC have quotes from - sour grapes from the Beeb?

well they only have themselves to blame by marginalising their coverage and reducing it to a side show.

Didnt watch the C4 coverage (damn work!) but anything had to be better than listening to John Parrott and his gambling sidekick?!

Apparently so - I'm as shocked as you, Colin.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=1050104

I know he handed over to his brother in 2011 but presumed they continued to share responsibilities.

He was a total rogue but he made you smile. I always remember his horses looked fairly wild and out of control as they clattered around the gallops ridden by Irish lads but he could train and always landed a few gambles.

A long and happy retirement to Cloudy Lane. One of my favourites! Glad he's retired safe and sound

Back