Retirements & Departures 2011

I walked out of the house after Money Trix pulled up,couldn't bear to see anymore. I was hoping I would come back in and read that he had just tweaked something or other and would be retired or similar and now I have found out the worst.
Only day I could liken it to was One Mans demise.Dreaful and thoughts to ALL involved who have lost their charges today.

I was down beside the last fence when Money Trix's owner ran down from the stands and was trying to get onto the track. Nickey Richards was already walking down the track looking through his binoculars but you got a sense he knew what the outcome was going to be. Very sad sight as the horse clearly meant a lot to connections.

Killmurry PTS after the Novices at Warwick.

Different field and been trying to find out who exactly but there was one who suffered a heart attack mid-race at Whitfield last weekend in the Members who died and probably one who broke a leg in the second division of the maiden.

Unsure on names but will update when I can

Martin

Looked like he had done something behind as he did not actually fall but just made a very bad mistake.

Terrible shame - such a talented horse and had come back from serious problems.

What a shame . One has to wonder whether his stopping so quickly at Cheltenham might have been due to an undiagnosed problem . Lovely horse and have rarely seen a novice jump hurdles that well.

Echo that last part. He could have been mistaken for Binocular in how he hurdled.

Very sad.

Yes, of course, I'd forgotten that Colin. Are you on the list of those who he dragged about? I always remember him as being very strong, and everyone says at one time or another he dragged them in or out of the yard. My only claim to fame is he stepped on me once. :)

SHEILA'S BOND, badly broken off-hind on the first circuit turn at Wolverhampton tonight.

As the horse wasn't off the inside rail/line of racing when the horses turned in again, we had sight of the flagman desperately waving his b&w, which many jockeys took to indicate "pull up as fast as you can", which, as any NH jockey knows, isn't the message intended. Thus, a rag-tag screeching to a hack canter or trot, then, on the urging of someone official, off they set at racing pace again, with some horses hopelessly adrift at the back.

Naturally, an inquiry, with the result of the finish standing, but no doubt loads of column inches in the RP tomorrow as every horse's ride will be analysed and every jockey's reaction considered. Not sure if any bans for failing to observe the meaning of the flag have yet come in, but it looks as if they could all do with a reminder. It's a "hazard ahead" warning, meaning to take care of having to avoid something - a fallen horse or jockey, or a bashed-up fence, etc., not a "lie back and haul your horse in" demand.

The column inches wil be lengthier because Betfair suspended the in running market. It cost me and it was wrong..

Back