Retirements & Departures 2012

I could see him seemingly go well enough bar one flub, Rory, and it looks as though he finished the race, so whatever went wrong must've been right near the very end. Considering the amount of horses which keeled over today, I'm surprised - happily - that there weren't any serious injuries caused by the falls.

Apparently he struck into himself so badly that he had to be put down, Kri. Such a pity, he had looked really well beforehand.

Such a shame when a horse retires not having lived up to the dreams connections must have had at one time.

Sadly Uncle Bryn was just taken away in the horse ambulance at Musselburgh after the second. He fell after the last. Dont know for sure but it didnt look good

Simonsberg fatally injured in the Hunter Chase at Musselburgh - gutted for Ian Ferguson who's had the horse since he was a youngster and Ronnie Bartlett who only bought the horse off Simon Tindall last year :(

Martin

The announcer at Musselburgh announced that both horse and jockey got up! :( What happened?

Last edited:
I haven't seen it but the RP reports that he was fatally injured so I'd imagine if both he and Doc were up that it was a leg injury of some sorts.

That's so sad. I though he walked away when the announcer said that. Was a pretty heavy fall, he somersaulted

Yeh,shocking fall for Simonsberg not helped by RUK replaying the fall about 3 times!! Looked like a broken neck to me too Zenyatta,can't imagine he got to his feet.
Ross Na Righ fell in the beginners chase (4.40) at Clonmel too & it didn't look too good,nothing on RP but maybe someone will be better informed.

Back