Retirements & Departures 2012

Arrys orse ha a heart attack yesterday - and also great endeavour broke a leg in his field and had to be put down. Gutted, really liked him-such a bonny chap.

Sad to hear about the above two :( Great Endeavour was one I really liked.

Good to see some good news on here though about Kalahari King

Aidan ‏ @Aidan_m_
Sad end for Florida Pearl but at least he was in great hands and well cared for. Leaves some great memories behind him - legend of a horse.

Poor filly. Never seen anything like that before. Be interested to know exactly what happened.

RIP Grey Pearl and Florida Pearl :(

On what has been a pretty sad few days/weeks in racing I was so pleased to read about Chief Dan George. One of my happiest days racing was seeing him [and backing him] win at Cheltenham, but we go back a long way, me and The Chief. I wish Florida Pearl could have had a longer retirement, because he so deserved it; but at least he was well looked after at the INS and it must have given a lot of people a lot of pleasure to see him there. As for poor Grey Pearl, it must have been so distressing for everyone and a terrible end to such a short life.

Very sad about Grey Pearl. Was hoping they'd be able to save her. Was thinking the same imagine, hopefully we'll find out what went wrong.
RIP Grey Pearl and Florida Pearl

Gray Pearl was found to have damaged her spinal cord which accounts for her not being able to get up. Very sad for connections.

Horrible incident in the stalls, poor Gray Pearl, she was a lovely looking filly too. Really sad about Florida Pearl as well.

RIP both and commiserations to all concerned.

Gray Pearl was found to have damaged her spinal cord which accounts for her not being able to get up. Very sad for connections.

:( I hope she didn't feel too much pain. At least the vet(s) were on hand straight away and she will have had the best possible care whilst a decision/diagnosis was made.

Back