Road to Royal Ascot, 2023

Desert Hero 25/1 William Haggas for the King will outrun his odds.........worth a fiver EW[/QUOTE]

Well done Tan.i was on as well.

My Xmas just came early :

posted the other day: Desert Hero 25/1 William Haggas for the King will outrun his odds

Posted today Valiant King 8/1

10ew on both + 10rfc paid 141/1

Last edited:
James Ferguson needs *******. You have a horse who's slow out of the gate - er, he's a trainer - train it out of them. Lost 4 lengths at the start, came with a massive run, got boxed in.
Sometimes it doesn’t matter how much you do with them. But I do think the ridiculous early pace visibly accentuated it.

I don't buy that. American sprinters aren't born with the ability to break quickly, it's trained into them.

Its completely different out in America. You train on the track and have stalls handlers who train your horses with you. All horses have to pass a stalls test before they can get an entry too. Add in the fact that they sound a bell which the horses anticipate. Also because most racing and certainly all the training is on dirt, it’s vital you get a good start as the early kick back from dirt is very tough on the horses (the reason many of ours underperform on dirt). Back in the day I had a long discussion with Walter Swinburn about this in regard to why our horses ran badly in the BC on dirt.

Over here, early position isn’t quite so important especially over that trip but because the first three furlongs were so quick, it looked worse. Plenty early on, could not lay up...how often does that happen over 1m 4f?

If I can get about 7/1 without the favourite I’ll probably take that (got 6/1). She’s presumably better than Red Riding Hood who is not far off second in the table. Likewise Lumiere Rock at around 11/1 without the favourite.

As I said in another post, I only got 6/1 (w/o the fav) but am happy enough to win outright. And Lumiere Rock was there too, just in case.

It counts as a winner. Moore's a genius.

Not the best trip for the fav but she caved quickly almost like she’s a bit soft but probably just never been tested properly and we all bought into the visuals. The winner though is very likeable and tough as nails

Watched again and she looks like she didn’t really stay. Will go back to 1m2f next time.

Last edited:
I
Over here, early position isn’t quite so important especially over that trip but because the first three furlongs were so quick, it looked worse. Plenty early on, could not lay up...how often does that happen over 1m 4f?

He lost 4 lengths at the start. FOUR.

As I said in another post, I only got 6/1 (w/o the fav) but am happy enough to win outright. And Lumiere Rock was there too, just in case.

It counts as a winner. Moore's a genius.

We may need to frame that last comment of yours.....:whistle:

So much for UK jockeyship.

That pace was plain amateurish. They hit 10.8 in one of those early furlongs.

No wonder the principals were ridden by the best jockeys: Marquand, Murphy, Moore, Shoemark (whom I rate); Dettori there too.

Typing while you were posting, Frankel :)

Well Beckett did say his mount Davideo would go forward. He got that right for sure :lol:
Think Rossa Ryan was still in Norfolk mode.

Ugh! Been out picking up the grandchildren and come back to find my belief in Al Asifah shattered. Didn’t seem to be any excuse, put in the right place , for for a bit she was coming to win her race, but then found little. Just shows you shouldn’t rush to judgement, I guess.

Last edited:
Yeah was almost cursing him when he was out the back but he did weave though well. I backed it(yeah aftertiming but I did think I had mentioned it) after seeing it come off the lorry this morning on the Opening Show...he looked a beast.

Tough cards today. Not sure another jockey wins on that horse from where he was. Dettori is a genius at timing a run and finding a way through.

He had the horse underneath him.

He can’t be bother on most of them.

Yes I would have cursed him if he got beat!

Back