Road To The Champion Bumper

Always one of my fav races of the year, but I have to admit to having no real fancy or angle this year:(:(

I could make a suggestion...:)

There's an interesting Grade 2 bumper at Newbury on Saturday. Al Ferof, 2nd in the Champion Bumper, was last year's winner. Several horses prominent in the Cheltenham betting are entered, including Persian Snow, Balding Banker, Hit The Headlines and Ericht.

There are also several Irish entries, including Star Neuville and Fasolo, but I don't know whether they are intended runners or not.

It's bad luck on the Bold Optimist camp that their horse, joint favourite for Cheltenham, has had a setback. That said, I thought he was too short in the betting for what he had achieved.

I have heard positive reports for Cheltenian of Philip Hobbs. Rather worrying the reports were, "Hes a machine, hel win the Cheltenham bumper....", Which is always worrying.

The ante-post markets have gone haywire and Ladbrokes has rescinded it NRNB offer!

The NRNB concession applies to the four main championship races. I hope you have not had a bet under the impression it applied to all races.

I have heard positive reports for Cheltenian of Philip Hobbs. Rather worrying the reports were, "Hes a machine, hel win the Cheltenham bumper....", Which is always worrying.

He's attracting plenty of support but he's not sure of getting into the race unless he wins somewhere beforehand. Has anyone heard anything about running plans?

Thanks, Stamp. It would be a surprise if any of those that have already run were to finish in front of him.

Caolaneoin's win at Leopardstown yesterday has resulted in his Fairyhouse conqueror Lovethehigherlaw moving towards the top of the Champion Bumper betting. But Willy Mullins was quoted after Fairyhouse as saying he didn't want to bring the horse to Cheltenham. Has there been a change of plan?

The form of Keys' Cheltenham win got a considerable boost yesterday. He was one of the more impressive short-head winners I've seen when he took that event. Travels well in his races, definitely being aimed at the race and from a top yard, he looks very good value to me at 16/1.

We've had a result here lads. That quote clearly slipped through the icey tenticals of the racing manager...

It will be in the RP tomoorow. Need to get him there now. There is very little to go on in the bumper. All you can do is figure out how good you think your horse is and take your chances. There's more form in the triumph!!

There's quite an interesting entry for the bumper at Naas on Sunday.

(5:00) 29G paddypower.com (Pro-Am) INH Flat Race
€9,315.00 ( 2m - 4,7yo )[MAX 25]​
NHFrm
2-3​
1 Aupcharlie (PECollins) - . ............................

1-3​
2 Castle Wings (JJMangan) - . .......................

121-​
3 Double Double (FR) (CO'Brien) - . ..............

4 Georges Street​
(TJTaaffe) - . ......................

331-1​
5 Letter Of Credit (GTLynch) - . .....................

1​
6 Lovethehigherlaw (WPMullins) - . ..............

4212-​
7 Mississippi River (JEKiely) - . ....................

211-​
8 Presenting Nama (JHalley) - . .....................

2-1​
9 Samain (GER) (WPMullins) - . .....................

21​
10 Tusa Eire (WPMullins) - . .............................

11 Twelve Gauge (JHScott) - . .........................

Several of these are very prominent in the betting for Cheltenham.

Letter Of Credit has already run in six bumpers and therefore is not eligible for Cheltenham, I think.

Would take a look at tomorrow's bumper at Punchestown too Grey - think Mullins has won it with impressive scorers Freds Benefit, Fiveforthree and Cousin Vinny in the past, had a fair selection to choose from for this years renewal too.

Would take a look at tomorrow's bumper at Punchestown too Grey - think Mullins has won it with impressive scorers Freds Benefit, Fiveforthree and Cousin Vinny in the past, had a fair selection to choose from for this years renewal too.

Mullin's yoke will get a good look at the big arse of a proper horse tomorrow!:whistle:

Back