1997 Or Royal

1999 Flagship Uberalles
2002 Moscow Flyer
2003 Azertyuiop
2004 Well Chief

2006 Voy Por Ustedes

2009 Forpadydeplasterer

Last edited:
Yes, but Luke's point was absolute, not allowing for certain eventualities. My Way DS didn't run in the QMCC either, because he wasn't good enough at that time as a chaser.

That's irrelevent. The stat was the last 12 Arkle runners to have run in the QM the following year. Meaning only the good ones seem to get there.

So basically SE just by running has more in common with Moscow Flyer than Contraband

Last edited:
when i use stats like that they are usually shot down in flames over the next 3 or 4 posts

ie..Fighting Fifth winners don't win Champion Hurdles

they just don't though:)

Sizing europe differs from most of those that placed in next years CC I'll bet..I'll bet most of thsoe were campaigned at 2 miles.

the fact that they thought about the KG tells you the stable don't think he has the speed for a CC..just that fact alone imo

Sizing europe differs from most of those that placed in next years CC I'll bet..I'll bet most of thsoe were campaigned at 2 miles.

the fact that they thought about the KG tells you the stable don't think he has the speed for a CC..just that fact alone imo

I believe it's just Pott's hard on for the Gold Cup. Rumour has it he would cut off his privates in exchange!!

I believe it's just Pott's hard on for the Gold Cup. Rumour has it he would cut off his privates in exchange!!

That may be the case..but I always think if I had a true CC contender..I wouldn't be dickin about trying to win staying races with it..i'd be mopping up races it can win...which points to the fact they think its slow if it can win 3 miles..by slow I'm talking comparitively of course

I believe Dreaper is now training Potts' expensive purchase Gone All The Way.

Gleeson told me a while back that there had been a falling out between Potts and Hobbs and the horse ad been moved. He said to Dreaper but I stand corrected.

Tidal Bay didn't do that after his Arkle, neither did My Way De Solzen if I remember correctly? Sounds like a dodgy stat to me...

Indeed. I'll get a look tomorrow. A better horse on better ground but surely the ground alone can't be the excuse for his run the last day.

Love the horse and hopefully something came to light. I'm strugging with accepting the possibility (or probability) that he's a 160 rated horse.

He blamed the ground, and being left short of work due to the weather, Hezz. The Captain certainly didn't look wound up for the race beforehand.

Cheers Grey. If he can get there in peak form on Good Ground it really should be a cracking race!! I haven't lost faith just yet...

Back