Road To The Champion Hurdle

Grey did suggest Bin should be 7/2.? Thought you ageed with him ,thats all.:p

In my opinion the race is much more open than the betting suggests. I would take a few notches off Binocular's rating and put him somewhere in the mid 160s. He is entitled to be favourite because he is one of those with the most potential to improve, but I would put him around 7/2, not 11/8. All his form has been on flat tracks apart from his run last year against Captain Cee Bee (ok, Ascot is not flat, but its inclines are steady and gradual), so there is a slight doubt about the hill.

Muirhead is fine PRICEWISE2008. Doesn't take much work but is holding his weight well, which is important for him. How he takes the travelling is the other big issue.

Harchibald is absolutely flying.

As was reported in the papers, Inca did his last piece of work yesterday. My dad was there to see it as I was in the UK. Apparently it went very very well and the old boy seems to be in the form of his life. It's funny to think he might be as good as ever but the vibe from the stable lads is that he's bucking and kicking in the field everyday. no jock booked and we will leave it to the weekend I think. If he can keep with them at the top of the hill he will hopefully be there at the finish. Who would have thought we'd be back again and the 8/1 for a place is a very good bet.

If Brave Inca produces his very best next Tuesday, where do people think he will finish?

First.

If the race was run on Friday (presuming there is no rain or watering between Tuesday and Friday) he would finish second. Harchibald would win.

I do not want the ground to be soft, but at least its the elements deciding the going and not some tit with a hosepipe.

Absolutely, Gal. Not exactly the best of news for Harchibald or Jered though!

That said, rain would make Brave Inca even more of a stand-out E/W bet in my book.

I'm in Birmingham at the moment and it's been hosing down all day...can't imagine it's that pleasant down the road

I've had a vision (dependant on their being good in the ground)

Osana tees up the champion hurdle for either Harchibald or Sublimity

I'm expecting Sublimity to go close. I'll be backing for a place. Still one at a bigger price I fancy more though.

My source in Cheltenham said her yard was flooded this morning. Apparently pissed all day and night. It's dry today but the ground is sodden after the rain. Mixed few days ahead but overall weather is supposed to improve at the weekend. I would prefer a deluge in the three days before than three days now. Ground at chellers dries out overnight.

My source in Cheltenham said her yard was flooded this morning. Apparently pissed all day and night. It's dry today but the ground is sodden after the rain. Mixed few days ahead but overall weather is supposed to improve at the weekend. I would prefer a deluge in the three days before than three days now. Ground at chellers dries out overnight.

Wouldn't worry too much about the ground (unless they turn the taps on). A bit of rain is forecast for the tail end of this week but the weekend is expected to be dry. I'm expecting near perfect going (soft side of good) for the start of the week at least.

I'm expecting Sublimity to go close. I'll be backing for a place. Still one at a bigger price I fancy more though.

Are you keeping this bigger priced runner under your hat SteveM??;) I will be backing 2 to make the frame, probably nothing from this side of the water though:o The going will decide for me in all probability, nothing like a good puzzle:whistle::whistle:

Are you keeping this bigger priced runner under your hat SteveM??;) I will be backing 2 to make the frame, probably nothing from this side of the water though:o The going will decide for me in all probability, nothing like a good puzzle:whistle::whistle:

...just checking you're paying attention.:) I reckon Punjabi will be first or second - I've taken 25s recently and 14s before that.

Back