Punjabi 6.g
River Liane (FR) 5.g
Sentry Duty (FR) 7.g
Sizing Europe (IRE) 7.g
Snap Tie (IRE) 7.g
Sublimity (FR) 9.g
Whiteoak (IRE) 6.m
Won In The Dark (IRE) 5.

Wouldn't worry too much about the ground (unless they turn the taps on). A bit of rain is forecast for the tail end of this week but the weekend is expected to be dry. I'm expecting near perfect going (soft side of good) for the start of the week at least.

We want it to be bottomless as it will slow up the others. he prefers good ground but acts better on soft than most other horses. I'm going a rain dance.

Save the rain dance until the day before, and be prepared to keep going all night, such is the speed at which that place seems to drain.

Wow - I'm genuinely shocked. I figured the Mares race was there for the taking, and I can't see her landing a blow in the Champion.

Stan James have a market on which of the Irish runners will be first home.

Brave Inca and Won In The Dark both 9/1, and Hardy at 33/1 seem to be value to me. Only small stakes being accepted, though.

All down to the weather really isn't it, particularly in that market.

Were there to be more rain than is apparently expected (by no means impossible of course!), Brave Inca would be one of the bets of the week at 9/1.

1.66 for Binocular to place is fair but you need to really have a big bet to make it pay but it would be worth it imo.

he is very likely to fade as well

McCoy has stated in the past he loves to kick on on the downward section before the 2nd last...his theory is that it is easier to take lengths from others when a horse is running downhill... will be the undoing of binocular...who at the price is the lay of the season

1.66 for Binocular to place is fair but you need to really have a big bet to make it pay but it would be worth it imo.

I think that is about as bad a bet as i could imagine. Not because he wont win (im fairly sure he will) but if he doesnt, it will be the stamina that does for him and god knows where he could finish then

he is very likely to fade as well

McCoy has stated in the past he loves to kick on on the downward section before the 2nd last...his theory is that it is easier to take lengths from others when a horse is running downhill... will be the undoing of binocular...who at the price is the lay of the season

Didn't work last year, and he's stated that he'll be holding on to him for as long as he can in the Champion.

AP knows how to ride him now and there is nothing to fear. He hurdles better than anything else in the race and this is worth a lot of distance. Nailed on guys IMO:)

Stan James have a market on which of the Irish runners will be first home.

Brave Inca and Won In The Dark both 9/1, and Hardy at 33/1 seem to be value to me. Only small stakes being accepted, though.

The more I think about it (and the more I hear the rain apparently forecast), the more I fancy Brave Inca in this market.

The way I see it, they will go off like the clappers in front, which should suit him down to the ground. I can't see Sublimity getting up the hill myself tbh, particularly on softer ground. Whist Muirhead will be suited by the fast gallop (he'd have no trouble laying up in a King's Stand!), I fail to see any reason why he will reverse Leopardstown form. As for the others, the ground would have to be against Won In The Dark and Harchibald (though he might be worth a saver), and I've gone off Jered entirely.

Back