Road To The Champion Hurdle

I heard some bloke in the bookies about ten minutes ago say Binocular can be had for evens at Ladbrooks/WillHill

Going back to Dominic Elsworth for a second, in case anyone is interested he is not the son of trainer David Elsworth, despite what some might think!

Dominic Elsworth is a very good jockey and vastly under-rated, in my opinion. He is also a good horseman - mind you, you don't learn the trade under Harvey Smith, stay with him for years and come out much different I guess! He's very strong in a finish too.

See the previous page!

and a small one on Won In The Dark...if that won and I hadn't backed it it just a little I would be hopping mad:)

remember its last race Grassy?..you weren't impressed but I thought he achieved a good run there...could be a dark horse...get it? :cool:

Binocular very very strong this morning.

Will be roaring on Brave Inca, just hope he does not fall into the trap of taking on the blinkered horses to early and finishing his chances.

The more I think about it, Binocular is becoming a bank job.

Does anyone else feel they've spent too much time looking for one to beat him when it seems the rest are a much of a muchness?

Leaving binocular aside, I think Ashkazar could run well, as could Punjabi.

Does anyone else feel they've spent too much time looking for one to beat him when it seems the rest are a much of a muchness?

Yes. I think too much is being made of his defeat in the Supreme last year. An excellent point made in the RP today is that it was the first time McCoy had ridden him. He will be ridden differently today. Saying that, with a lot of bookies going 1/4 the odds if I hadn`t played already i`d be going in EW on something. Probably Osana or Katchit.

The more I think about it, Binocular is becoming a bank job.

Leaving binocular aside, I think Ashkazar could run well, as could Punjabi.

Hamm you are spot on..I've spent the past week trying to pick a value alternative to Binocular, and just this morning it dawned on me that quite simply Binocular is the best horse in the race. A bank job yes:<3: Sometimes we can't see what's right under our noses..Good luck and enjoy it folks:cool:

Back