Road To The Champion Hurdle

The more I think about it, Binocular is becoming a bank job.

Does anyone else feel they've spent too much time looking for one to beat him when it seems the rest are a much of a muchness?

Leaving binocular aside, I think Ashkazar could run well, as could Punjabi.

Binocular looks a bit overhyped to me tbh..he is no bank job here, he isn't much better..if at all than about 5 or 6 of these

way way too short in price

He won't win or even place on this ground, but Jesus Harchibald is absolutely stunning.

The parade in itself is a joy to see, Harchibald, Brave Inca, Hardy Eustace....just fantastic to see them all knocking around.

Binocular looks very calm.

Last edited:
Binocular was not good enough, another few metres and he would have won....argueable got the trip best of all.

Celestial Halo ran a remarkable race given how Osana dropped out. Osana was ridden very much to instructions. The owners thought he went to slow last year hence the blinkers this season.

Give the winner some credit, I've never been a fan of his particularly but he's turned up and run his race again, all credit to him....

He'll be placed behind Hurricane Fly next year :)

Also, Crack Away Jack proved me and a lot of others wrong,

Jered actually bounded up the hill, he could be an improver.....one to watch for Punchestown

And Hardy ran some race, the old boy....even though he tired away

Give the winner some credit, I've never been a fan of his particularly but he's turned up and run his race again, all credit to him....

He'll be placed behind Hurricane Fly next year :)

Also, Crack Away Jack proved me and a lot of others wrong,

Jered actually bounded up the hill, he could be an improver.....one to watch for Punchestown

And Hardy ran some race, the old boy....even though he tired away

Just saw Jered....fecking hell that was eye catching!!!! Hope he goes chasing next season.

Hardy was awesome...great run.

Punjabi is a horse I have never warmed to either but fair play to him, gutsy effort.

Thanks to those on here who put me on to Punjabi... had an each way interest last week and also stuck him in a lucky 15 - only one left in it and that's United in the Mare's Hurdle - only time you will ever hear me cheering for United!

Hardy Eustace ran some race indeed - as did Crack Away Jack.

As for Binocular, I was also on him on the day but he just didn't get up the hill as well as the others as some suspected he might not - he was cruising when the other two were off the bridle but he flattened out just after the last. The other two probably got a bit tired and came back to him a little.

I would suspect that he would demolish that field round Aintree.

Thanks to those on here who put me on to Punjabi... had an each way interest last week and also stuck him in a lucky 15 - only one left in it and that's United in the Mare's Hurdle - only time you will ever hear me cheering for United!

Hardy Eustace ran some race indeed - as did Crack Away Jack.

As for Binocular, I was also on him on the day but he just didn't get up the hill as well as the others as some suspected he might not - he was cruising when the other two were off the bridle but he flattened out just after the last. The other two probably got a bit tired and came back to him a little.

Binocular got up the hill fine, he was closer at the finish than he was at any stage.

Faster ground might have suited but it would have been a totally different race in every respect.

aye Gal

its strange coz I thought Celestial would drop back like a stone and the race would concern horses finishing from way back, but that never happened

reckon a few here have run no sort of race

No doubts. He`s a speed horse at the end of the day - I was just hoping his class advantage would see him home. Like Harchibald I suspect he`ll need really good ground to win this race. Lets hope he`ll be luckier in the next two or three years.

Back