Road To The Champion Hurdle

He definitely has a chance of making the frame but I don't know if any of his runs this season are better then last years Supreme.The Celestial Halos and Karabaks of this world are irrelevant as far as Champion Hurdle form is concerned.

Quite remarkable Steve that you had no worries last year about a horse that connections felt necessary to send him to Ireland to the Coolmore vets so puzzled they were about his performances.

...It was wasn't it.:) Like I said on here though I was very optimistic he would come good and could detect signs of that following his flop at Newcastle.

Last edited:
He definitely has a chance of making the frame but I don't know if any of his runs this season are better then last years Supreme.The Celestial Halos and Karabaks of this world are irrelevant as far as Champion Hurdle form is concerned.

that really depends on how easily they are beaten though surely..i don't understand your point at all..can we only measure future CH winners off horses rated 165plus?

any horse is a marker..as long as we know their current level

CH is a 160 horse nowadays..that makes OW about 169

I know for a fact that if HF had beaten CH by 13 lengths recently the accolades on this forum would have been never ending

No way is Celestial Halo a 160 horse these days, EC1. He was barely a 160 horse when he was finishing a head second in a Champion Hurdle.

Anyone like to guess what class of race Celestial Halo will next win.

10-3 Not to win again under Rules 7-2 Conditional hurdle 7-2 Seller/Claimer 10-1 Handicap Chase 14-1 Novice Chase 33-1 All Weather Flat Race 33-1 Hunter Chase 50-1 Handicap Hurdle 66-1 Jumpers bumper

33s all weather flat race could be worth a notional bet.I believe Royal Ascot is the aim-if that doesn't work out he could be on his way to the sales.

AW Flat race a poor bet imo. Having been beaten less than 3l in the St Leger when last seen on the Flat, it's likely he'll be rated well into the 100+ category when he returns. Very few races for stayers when those ratings on AW, particularly one he'd win. At those prices, conditional hurdle looks sound bet at 7/2, though the 14's for a novice chase would look juicy if he turns up at Worcester in the summer.

If the owner did not have bags of cash lying around his house that would be the obvious route to land a touch. Running off 128 with a 7lb claimer with the instructions of getting from side of the fence to the other. Easy.

since when is a handicap mark based on what class a horse will win next?

i said that seeing as my posts get pulled for being ridiculous..i'll do the same..there is some real nonsense being talked here..in fact bollox:)

a horse can have a high rating without winning a single race in future.

Last edited:
since when is a handicap mark based on what class a horse will win next?

i said that seeing as my posts get pulled for being ridiculous..i'll do the same..there is some real nonsense being talked here..in fact bollox:)

a horse can have a high rating without winning a single race in future.

I was the one who sent the thread in that direction-as I see it the horse is a burnt out frontrunner who is on a downward trajectory.His future doesn't involve taking on top class horses.

I was the one who sent the thread in that direction-as I see it the horse is a burnt out frontrunner who is on a downward trajectory.His future doesn't involve taking on top class horses.

but that doesn't stop him being a horse to guage others by

he could still plod into 4th in a CH for example..which means he has a "level" to work off

my example was that not many horses beat him double figure lengths..which is a fact..whereas saying a horses mark is somehow related to what class level he will win next is complete arse..and i'm surprised that so many followed your lead in their attempts to ridicule my example..when in fact they have just ridiculed themselves going down that road:)

Last edited:
Back