Road to the Epsom Derby 2011

I think in all of this one thing has left unsaid - well done Aragorn for picking him out at 3 figures.

Hamm don't you remember posting - "I will bet my life those 2 win multiple Group 1s."

Very sorry that you don't think my posts aren't worthwhile.:lol:

Last edited:
EC. I must admit those banging on about Frankel have a point now. Treasure Island beaten by about a furlong by Frankel over a mile at 2.

Wouldnt fancy any of these against the best older horses

EC,
If you can't acknowledge you were wrong about Carlton House, there is no point debating with you - he is good enough, very much so.

I think most people's posts are missing the point - I think they should re-read Sheikh's point on horses in the Derby.

Recital will have had to have done an awful lot of growing up in a short period of time. Surprised If NK gets the trip, especially with so much apparent stamina in it. His damside would suggest he won't.Pour moi looks the one to beat for me with CH thereabouts.

I 've backed Treasure Beach e/w . The most strightforward of O'Briens, he'll handle the track and get the trip and looked unperturbed when winning at Chester. Off now to see the head Doctor.

I was packing my bag for Vegas there.75s TB should ahve done the trio :D

EC. I must admit those banging on about Frankel have a point now. Treasure Island beaten by about a furlong by Frankel over a mile at 2.

yes..apparantently beating TB by a bit and losing by a bit is "multiple G1 class"..so what does that make beating him a furlong make a horse? ;)

Last edited:
My second selection (Wild stab in the dark) is Pour Moi. Owned by Michael Tabor, he was in France last year with Andra Fabre but it looks like he is now under O'Brien's care. His debut isn't much to get excited about but he is closely related to Gagnoa and is by the pre-eminent Derby Sire Montjeu so his breeding is. At big prices on the exchanges he could be another to come from left field.

First post of the thread as well. Proper tipping sir.

First post of the thread as well. Proper tipping sir.

Indeed.

On another subject, I've never ever seen Ryan Moore so disappointed. I know when I see a 130 horse and I think that is still in the plan for Carlton House. Where he and Pour Moi came from was so so impressive and there is plenty more to come from both.

Has there ever been a more mouthwatering middle distance half season left?

Last edited:
Fantastic ride, never seen anything liked it, stopped riding a couple of times during his charge to let the horse get balanced before driving on again.

Not worth looking at it that way - Treasure Beach I think is a classic example of a horse who was only ever going to fulfill his potential when he raced over 1m4.

Where he and Pour Moi came from was so so impressive

Really? Four lengths cover the first seven. All they did was catch up with an obrien second string that is pretty exposed surely? And was hammered last Sept by a genuine class horse

The winner may be alittle better than that but Im not at all convinced by Carlton house now. Seville and Pisco finished well back and those knocking the Dante have been proved right IMO

Indeed, brilliant stuff Aragorn. I had a few quid on 10 mins before post at presumably a tiny tiny fraction of your price and I'm pretty giddy after that - God knows how you feel!

Really? Four lengths cover the first seven. All they did was catch up with an obrien second string that is pretty exposed surely? And was hammered last Sept by a genuine class horse

The winner may be alittle better than that but Im not at all convinced by Carlton house now. Seville and Pisco finished well back and those knocking the Dante have been proved right IMO

Four lengths covered them at the end but look at where and how Carlton house and Pour Moi came from. Top, top class, the both of them.

Treasure Beach is not exposed. He couldn't be more unexposed. Again, read Sheikh's posts. This was his first attempt at a trip he was bred for, and just because the market didn't see it that doesn't mean he is a weak link.

Pour Moi was really different class to these. Like Dancing Brave he came from the back and most of us thought too late. It was amazing how he sliced though the field. Carlton House was closing toward the lead,but Pour Moi came from five lengths behind him and passed him like he was standing still.

The winner is much better than the winning distance suggests.

Back