Road to the Gold Cup 2011

JN Chase

Kauto Star (8/13) , Sizing Europe (7/2) , China Rock (13/2) , Killyglen (16) , Finger Onthe Pulse (20) , Trafford Lad (20) , Coolcashin (33) , Mossbank (33)

I am going to have a cut at Sizing Europe at 5s tomorrow.I think they will ride him positively and I would be confident that he can beat the old horse tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the day to bet against Kauto Star like your life depends on it.

I think the really heavy rain is forecast for Sunday.His Greatwood win was on ground that was heavy to unraceable.I think he will handle the ground no problem.

Funny because someone asked me during the week about Sizing Europe having ground concerns. I said the exact same as Luke, surely his Greatwood win means he act 100% on the ground.

Had an interest at 20's for the King George on Sizing Europe earlier this evening. Going to have to back him at 5's too tomorrow, he's going to have to win or go very close to justify coming over.

Had an interest at 20's for the King George on Sizing Europe earlier this evening. Going to have to back him at 5's too tomorrow, he's going to have to win or go very close to justify coming over.

I've had peanuts at 80s plus for Kempton and if he can't win tomorrow they can forget about it.
I know it's been the same everywhere but we had an incredibly dry spell in the southeast before his last run and there could be a fair bit of improvement.

He did. But if Sizing Europe can't give Kauto Star a run for his money when having a fitness edge, then it's hard to get too excited about his future prospects.

He did. But if Sizing Europe can't give Kauto Star a run for his money when having a fitness edge, then it's hard to get too excited about his future prospects.

It all depends if they ride him wrong on this ground - I think he could look pretty laboured. Kicking King was restrained in Down Royal to get the trip but ended up giving away his greatest asset, his jumping. Similar type to SE actually. Kauto Star will be pretty fit.

If they bounce him out and he gets beat then I think it is back to the drawing board.

Kauto Star was fit as a flea pre Betfair Chase last year but needed it after. Nicholls will see how he gets on before deciding how fit he was.

Back